Need help with last piece of my home automation project.

I am so close I can taste it. I have working for months, literally, trying to figure this stuff out as I go. I have gotten everything working except 1 piece, my network iPod dock.

I am working with prject editor and the Bitwise BC4XPro. I posted another topic in a different section asking for the codes, but I now believe I was barking up the wrong tree.

In the project editor, there is a pre-made template for the Denon ASD-51N. I have the Denon ASD-3N. For a while, I thought the codes would be different. But now, after researching, I dont think they are. I believe it is my connection.

I am trying to connect it through a socket connection. Is anyone able to help setup the connection properly?

1. I have the protocol set as TCP
2. I have entered the correct IP address.
3. For whatever reason, the port field is automatically filled in with port #23. I dont know where it gets this from, but I went ahead and forwarded that port, just in case
4. As I mentioned, the commands have already been created by someone else. They are ASCII String w/Hex Terminator (for example, for the command "select" String = NS93 / Terminator = 0D

When I set all the fields and try to run a test command, I always get one of two error messages:
1. The connection could not be made because the target machine actively refused it.
or
2. The connection could not be made because it timed out.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? The one thing that I keep coming back to is the port number. I don't know that port 23 is the right one.

Thanks
Josh

Back