Nest thermostat and HAI RC-80

Our 2001-era Omni LT presently works fine with two HAI Omnistat RC-80s controlling our 2 independent HVAC units.  I am thinking of replacing RC-80s with Nest thermostats as our local power company is almost giving Nest for free. Is it possible to replace RC-80 with a Nest thermostat and still be able use the Omni LT consoles (and automation programs) for reading temperature and controlling/overriding Nest thermostats?  Nest's "learning" based control decisions should appear to Omni as a user manually overriding set points on RC-80.  Anyone tried this?

TristateUser said:
Our 2001-era Omni LT presently works fine with two HAI Omnistat RC-80s controlling our 2 independent HVAC units.  I am thinking of replacing RC-80s with Nest thermostats as our local power company is almost giving Nest for free. Is it possible to replace RC-80 with a Nest thermostat and still be able use the Omni LT consoles (and automation programs) for reading temperature and controlling/overriding Nest thermostats?  Nest's "learning" based control decisions should appear to Omni as a user manually overriding set points on RC-80.  Anyone tried this?
Omni thermostats are controlled by the Omni via a serial connection or via Zibee.  Since the Nest thermostat doesn't support either of these, then I think you have your answer.  

Well it would be quite the hack--Nest Thermostat-->Hubitat via Racine's App-->Homeseer via Hubitat Maker and mcsHubitat plugin-->HAI via Homeseer HAI plugin  :wacko:

keepersg said:
Well it would be quite the hack--Nest Thermostat-->Hubitat via Racine's App-->Homeseer via Hubitat Maker and mcsHubitat plugin-->HAI via Homeseer HAI plugin  :wacko:

Look like it's better to let go HAI/Omni LT and move on with Nest thermostat :)  

Back