"New content" link brings up posts from 2005

JimS

A month or two ago my saved link for new content stopped working. So I updated it. In the last few days the "new" one has brought up topics from 2005 as new. I checked the link for the "View New Content" button - it seems to have changed again. Why? I like to just check for new content sometimes.

Are you still having problems with this? When you 'View New Content', what settings are you using?

By time period
  • Content I have not read
  • New since my last visit
  • Past 24 hours
  • Past week
  • Past 2 weeks
  • Past month
  • Past 6 months
  • Past year

Yes, I am. It just happened. If I use the links on the web page everything works ok (at least AFAIK). But when I type cocoontech.com into the browser it offers autocomplete options. On the list is what used to the the new content link. It still brings up 2005 or 2006 posts. I often don't catch this until I have looked at a few of the "new" topics. Here's an old "new posts" link that no longer works properly:

http://cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

I figured after a few weeks of this the old link would clear itself out of the browser list but I guess I get the old one often enough to keep it active. I could look up how to clear the list (firefox) but it seems like the links wouldn't retrieve 6 year old posts.

I previously stated this was with firefox. But it also happens with IE (different PC). I looked up how to clear the autocomplete memory on IE and will try a similar thing with firefox when I am using that PC. This has been changed twice in a few months. It can be worked around and isn't a huge deal but is a bit of a hassle that seems like it could easily be avoided by the site maintainers.

This has happened to me for a month or more now. i have never tried to change it. IE. I just click on it then hit last 24 hours.

Back