New Home Alarm Panel and Pre-wire

Solid for in-wall cables that will never move. Stranded, pre-made patch cables.

I also use stranded for my distributed audio in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Unsure if people use stranded for their alarm speakers - but doubt it.

[font="arial][size="2"]Snapshot 2011-01-19 13-36-15.jpgThis is my current garage door setup. [/size][/font][font="arial][size="2"]a GE Security 2315A-L Overhead/Panel Door Track Mount Contact w/Armored Cable, Closed loop. I used a GE wireless contact with a built in N/C terminal and disabled the reed switch. If you are prewiring then you wont need to do the same I did.[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]I bought it from Homecontrols.com[/size][/font]
[font="arial]
[/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]http://www.homecontr...ontact-GE2315AL[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]I would like to send you pics of my setup but I can upload 100k files[/size][/font][font="arial][size="2"]If you send me a private message with your email I would e-mail you directly[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]This is the only pic I could upload[/size][/font]

This is my current garage door setup. a GE Security 2315A-L Overhead/Panel Door Track Mount Contact w/Armored Cable, Closed Loop Normally Open. I used a GE wireless contact with a built in N/C terminal and disabled the reed switch. If you are prewiring then you wont need to do the same I did.I bought it from Homecontrols.comhttp://www.homecontrols.com/GE-Security-OverheadPanel-Door-Track-Mount-Contact-GE2315AL
I would like to send you pics of my setup but I can upload 100k filesIf you send me a private message with your email I would e-mail you directly

Very nice! I especially like the armored cable. Would love to see your setup, PMs on its way.

[font="arial][size="2"]Snapshot 2011-01-19 13-28-59.jpgit looks large because I took the pic really close to it
it comes with the armored cable and wires already inside the armored section.
the contact can't be opened it's fully sealed.
the armored cable and wires are over a foot long i would say closer to 2 feet long.
the advantage of this contact is that the magnet and contact become part of the door and door vertical track, they are fixed. A properly installed door will not move dramatically from its track when the wind blows at the bottom section of the door specially when is snug to the concrete. a contact installed on the top frame of the door opening and a magnet on the top section of a sectional garage door like mine will move with the wind, possibly causing false alarms.
also with this contact I'm able to raise the bottom of the door a few inches for air circulation. with the contact on the top unless is a very wide gap contact, as soon as the door moves it will break away continuity because the top section of the door is already on the radius of the track, the door will not travel a few inches of vertical distance, more like perpendicular distance.
[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="3"] [/size][/font]

I use those same ones as panamanian - and I actually mounted them up high, above eye level, and still haven't had issues (had 'em about 3 years now in last house). I placed them up there because I didn't want to kick them or knock them out. I'm about to reinstall them in this house the same way panamanian did with the wireless adapter since this house has a finished garage and no cabling out there. I've been very happy with them.

Back