New M1 Gold Install - Assistance With Equipment Placement & Power

ccmichaelson said:
I actually ended up with a lot more than 42 motion sensors spread throughout - 99% of the time for lighting/scene/sensor control but Fort Knox should anyone attempt to enter while we are gone :)
I'm wondering what the odds are of a false alarm with that many motions.

Since moving in nearly 12 months ago - zero false alarms - but I'm using actual security motion sensors (Bosch Blueline) not occupancy sensors.  I have my elk set to trigger immediately too so that I get great response times for lighting control.

ccmichaelson said:
Since moving in nearly 12 months ago - zero false alarms - but I'm using actual security motion sensors (Bosch Blueline) not occupancy sensors.  I have my elk set to trigger immediately too so that I get great response times for lighting control.

Do you have multiple sensors per room to get more accurate readings on occupancy?  I was considering trying this in a room in my house to see how it worked

jon102034050 said:
Do you have multiple sensors per room to get more accurate readings on occupancy?  I was considering trying this in a room in my house to see how it worked

yes - that's one aspect to it.  For instance, in my master bath we have a walk-in shower (no door but a wall on 3 sides) and I didn't want the light to go out if someone is in the shower so I have multiple sensors.  I placed a motion sensor above every door (including closets and toilet stalls) to trip the light on but then I placed other motion sensors in various areas of home to capture occupancy, direction of travel, etc.  I ran 30,000 linear feet of cable so I certainly went overboard but I had two weeks off prior to sheetrock going up so I took advantage of how I wanted everything to work.

Wow, I'm really jealous. I was really only thinking of the basics when I wired for motions and doors in my home that I built 2yrs ago. I have a couple motions per floor and all exterior doors wired up. I've started adding some wireless motions and wireless interior door sensors to determine direction of travel and I've discovered how much wireless motions devices suck.  Oh well, put it on a list and do it on the next home I build I guess :)

Back