New Omni 4.0b Firmware. Anyone feel lucky?

Personally I think that we are past the limits of the OmniPro 2 panel can do.  Here went to using Homeseer touch with connectivity to the panel and my cctv cameras running wintel and Omnitouch 5.7e/5.7 consoles.  The old Omnitouch Pro software does work modified with the HAI touchscreen designer application.

RS686 has written an OmniPro 2 application which runs on the RPi2 just fine today.  It'll do email notifications and syncs time up just fine on the OmniPro 2 panel.  Ideally using an RPi2 with two NICs inside of the OmniPro 2 panel would work but the RPi2-3 is still too big to fit inside of the panel.  I have mine inside of an adjacent Leviton 42" can connected to switch which connects to the OmniPro 2 panel.

I did a tiny microrouter configuration.  It has two NICs and serial connectivity to the panel.  That said it'll do email, runs a web server and has an RTC in it with a battery.  It is not seen by the OP2 panel firmware but rather it is just an addition device which is 2" X 2" X 1" and powered by the panel. It uses one network connection to the panel and you connect to the panel IP via the second NIC on the device (no need for the serial port connection).   It is limited a bit by its memory and CPU speed of 400Mhz.  For the basics it would be fine.  For Luci stuff though you have to compile the code outside of the device as there is no play room in the device. 

Here went to using a smaller microrouter with similiar specs and did fine a smaller RTC which I am using in another device.  It is only 1" X 2" X 1".  Just barely the size of the two NIC ports.

microrouter.jpg

ano said:
I'm not sure why, maybe because I have a large system, but when I upgrade the firmware in the Omni, so some time, all hell breaks loose.  By that I mean after the firmware starts to run, EVERY zone will be not-ready, which means fire alarms trip, the sirens go off, etc.  After a few minutes things clear up, but until then, its rather scary.
Your not alone.  Seems random, but about 50% of the time mine does as well.  How's the new firmware for those who have upgraded?  Any major issues?  Thanks.  SJ

Upgraded to 4.0b on my OP2 about 3 weeks ago. Upon firmware upload finishing the panel and consoles started beeping and making noises but after a while things settled down and everything seemed to be working alright. No issues for 3 weeks but starting a few days ago I was having communication failures for all my zigbee devices (2 omnistats2, kwikset lock and a few bulbs). I reset my ZIM to factory default and tried to re-enroll my devices but no communication to the panel occurred. Not sure if my recent zigbee issues are related to the firmware update or not but feel it may be. Anyone else upgrade to 4.0b and have zigbee issues?

Anyone know where I can get an old firmware file to go back to a previous version to see if that fixes my problems?

wdeertz said:
Upgraded to 4.0b on my OP2 about 3 weeks ago. Upon firmware upload finishing the panel and consoles started beeping and making noises but after a while things settled down and everything seemed to be working alright. No issues for 3 weeks but starting a few days ago I was having communication failures for all my zigbee devices (2 omnistats2, kwikset lock and a few bulbs). I reset my ZIM to factory default and tried to re-enroll my devices but no communication to the panel occurred. Not sure if my recent zigbee issues are related to the firmware update or not but feel it may be. Anyone else upgrade to 4.0b and have zigbee issues?

Anyone know where I can get an old firmware file to go back to a previous version to see if that fixes my problems?
I have a different problem. I haven't even upgraded to 4.0b, but I did upgrade PC Access to the latest version. When I did, my dealer PC Access became user PC Access.  I have to figure out how to roll that one back.

wdeertz said:

Ok maybe my issue wasn't firmware related as Ive finally been able to get the ZIM working again.  Something caused the ZIM and OP2 to stop communicating and when I reset the ZIM to factory defaults it left the ZIM in a comatose state.  What I mean by this is that it wouldn't initiate a zigbee network an if I went into the device status menu option it didn't show the MAC address, channel, radio version, etc.  I connected the ZIM to my laptop and this must have initiate some sort of a reset as it is working now.  Not sure what would have caused the issue in the first place.  Is it possible for an electrical noise of some sort to cause the ZIM and OP2 serial port to lock up?

ano said:
I have a different problem. I haven't even upgraded to 4.0b, but I did upgrade PC Access to the latest version. When I did, my dealer PC Access became user PC Access.  I have to figure out how to roll that one back.

That's definitely a strange issue, I seem to recall once in the past when I did a PCA update having to re-input the serial number.  Can you try this?

wdeertz said:
That's definitely a strange issue, I seem to recall once in the past when I did a PCA update having to re-input the serial number.  Can you try this?
Yeah, I probably have to do that.  If I can get this resolved, I will upgrade to 4.0b. 

I also thought that you could downgrade to previous firmware, as I though it was saved on the PC.  Unfortunately I have a newer PC and 4.0b is the only firmware downloaded, so I can't verify that.

Did 4.0b improve anything?  I thought is fixed the "nonstandard" Contact ID the Omni used that made it incompatible with a few IP/Cellular adapters. I had problems getting the IPDataTel working so switched the TG-1 Express, which worked. Alarm Relay said that was a known problem because of the nonstandard Contact ID.

Here finally upgraded a week or so ago.  I also upgraded PCA.  No issues to report.

I have test Zigbee devices running and test Z-Wave devices running with no issues at this time.

Main lighting here though is UPB. 

Christmas lighting is X10 - much faster to set up than UPB, Z-Wave or Zigbee.

@Ano, here have archived all of the firmware updates from Leviton / HAI.  

I have saved the firmware in the middle of the upgrade.  Once the upgrade is completed I think PCA deletes it.

If you want to upgrade and then downgrade let me know and will post firmware.

I just purchased my first OMNIPro II from DHA and it came with Firmware:  Version_4.0A_(english).  I got a copy of PCA Dealer Edition - Forgot what version came on the disk but I upgraded it to the latest 3.17.0.838.  For what ever reason ( I'm sure Im doing something stupid)  I can't connect with the controller.  Get this error:   "Controller model does not match account file!"    I've tried to override the version but the highest version in the list is: 3.15.  So I'm wondering if the 4.0A is causing my issue?

Connecting via network
I'm selecting Omni Pro II when creating the Account File
I know the Keys are correct
I know the IP is correct
the Port is default

What am I missing?

ok.... was just trying some things and was able to connect to the controller but I had to select Omni LTe as the controller type.  So either Ive been ripped off or they made a mistake on the firmware for my controller.  It clearly says OmniPro II on the board (sticker).  So it looks like I will be returning unless I can change the firmware myself?  Any thoughts?  Is there a way to tell by looking at the hardware the difference between the two?

I contacted DiscountHomeAutomation.com  about the mix up and they are saying that their supplier gave them the wrong labeled boards.  So they are sending me the correct one and I'm returning the "fake" miss labeled OP2.

So it appears that Firmware Version 4.0A is for the Omni LTe and 4.0B is for the OmniPro II

pete_c said:
Here finally upgraded a week or so ago.  I also upgraded PCA.  No issues to report.

I have test Zigbee devices running and test Z-Wave devices running with no issues at this time.

Main lighting here though is UPB. 

Christmas lighting is X10 - much faster to set up than UPB, Z-Wave or Zigbee.

@Ano, here have archived all of the firmware updates from Leviton / HAI.  

I have saved the firmware in the middle of the upgrade.  Once the upgrade is completed I think PCA deletes it.

If you want to upgrade and then downgrade let me know and will post firmware.
Hi Pete:

Do you have the one just before 4.0?  I haven't upgraded to 4.0, but it would really be good to have the previous one if something should go wrong. (But we know that never happens. :)  )

Here is the firmware update release verbiage and linked firmware update.

PC Access Version 3.17.0.838 (17/January/2017)

- Controller firmware 4.0b released:
    - Added support for flash memory module.  IMPORTANT: Firmware versions below 4.0 may not be installed in controllers with flash memory modules.
    - Improved contact ID reporting compatibility for account codes containing zeroes.
    - Improved contact ID reporting compatibility when the checksum value is zero.

- Added support for Omni firmware 4.0.

- OmniTouch 7 firmware version 1.15 (99A00-1/2) released:
    - Fixed limitation of four OT7s displaying video preview for 2N door stations
    - Added separate volume control for ring volume in settings page
    - Review trouble conditions are displayed for Omni
    - Fixed wake lock issue

- Enhanced IP Camera Support with built in support for over 250 new camera models.

- Added support Omni Notifier firmware 2.0 that allows E-Mails to be sent using My Leviton Cloud services.  This eliminates compatibility issues with some SMTP servers. See Knowledge Base article DOC-4920 for more information: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-4920

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC Access Version 3.16.0.808 (20/July/2016)

- Controller firmware 3.16 released:
    - Fixed Somfy SDN stop command not working.
    - Improved TCP connection establishment for certain TCP clients.
    - Added support for HLCK6 UPB keypad.
    - Modified to clear any freeze alarm for a non-communicating thermostat.

- Corrected some Italian translation errors.

HAI_OmniPro_II_Version_3.16_(English).cff.zip

ano said:
Hi Pete:

Do you have the one just before 4.0?  I haven't upgraded to 4.0, but it would really be good to have the previous one if something should go wrong. (But we know that never happens. :)  )
I have at least the last 10 firmware versions if you need something earlier than 4.0.

Back