Leviton Omni Firmware / PCA access / Version 3.16

pete_c said:
Maybe the updates are coming soon?

Does anyone have any idea if/when the rumored OmniPro III or next gen system is actually coming?  The optimist in me wants to believe the slow down in PCA and firmware updates is because all the HAI in New Orleans are working on a new system.

I don't believe there will be an OPIII as Bitwise Lumina seems to be the current product Leviton is driving sales toward.  The slow down is likely due to the learning curve in understanding modern tech like SIP and integration for Bitwise.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.  Was just going to upgrade to 3.16 and wanted to see how it was working.

StarTrekDoors said:
I don't believe there will be an OPIII as Bitwise Lumina seems to be the current product Leviton is driving sales toward.  The slow down is likely due to the learning curve in understanding modern tech like SIP and integration for Bitwise.
I'm not sure how you can say this without substantiating it?  Bitwise and the OmniPro are two entirely different products.  Whether or not a OPIII ever shows up is a mystery, but to say that Leviton is shelving HAI in favor of Bitwise is pure speculation.

I hardly doubt a company like Leviton has any sort of issues understanding SIP.  It's not THAT complicated.

If I had to throw my hat in the speculation ring, I'm sure the firmware slowdown has everything to do with HAI fitting in with Leviton, how they do releases, and possibly how Leviton is running HAI after the acquisition, or, like vamike said, it may be slow due to the product moving towards maintenance releases due to a new product line in the works (whether its a new OmniPro, or an entirely different product).

Back