New style LED bulbs

One thing I noticed about the ones I have, they seem to flicker at a very high rate.  Nothing I can pickup with my eyes directly, but when they cast light on a ceiling fan on high you can see a little bit of a strobe light effect. Not sure yet if it's because I got the super cheap direct from china bulbs or a function of the LED filament technology.  Either way, still happy with them.

apnar said:
One thing I noticed about the ones I have, they seem to flicker at a very high rate.  Nothing I can pickup with my eyes directly, but when they cast light on a ceiling fan on high you can see a little bit of a strobe light effect. Not sure yet if it's because I got the super cheap direct from china bulbs or a function of the LED filament technology.  Either way, still happy with them.
This is true. The power supply in these bulbs is very simple compared with "regular" LED bulbs. You can tell that by looking at them. I have heard of a few people being bothered by the flickering, which can be the same with fluorescent bulbs as well. Currently these are all mode in China and this is how they are made. Still I think it is a fair tradeoff for most applications.

Back