New System for New House

@bfisher:

Yeah, its amazing to me too. I normally get 50s on the other phase. I think its got something to do with my home's (lack of) proximity to the step-down transformer on the pole. However, the minute I plugged in my 1400 it dropped like a stone to < 4! Using an X10 filter improved things and it went back into the 20s, a level which so far seems to reliably run the switches. My HVAC controls are on the same phase and I've never had a problem with those. In fact, I only noticed the issue after I deliberately installed a switch on the other phase to test reliability. Sooo I've got a coupler on order and it should be here this week.

What's the best phase coupler to use wih UPB?

I got the touchscfreen this week. Looks perfect and I'll test it this weekend. The rest of my security stuff should be here Monday, so I have some time to play with it before we close on the house.

I purchased the PCS phase coupler and installed it last week. They're all about the same IFAIK with one notible exception: SAI makes one that actually snaps into your panel and looks like a double gang breaker. Their's can do X10 as well and could be the cool solution if you have two open breakers. I can't seem to find an outlet for it though. Here's a link to SAI's site that describes this product: Simply Automated Model ZPC phase coupler

Back