New Touch Screen Paradigm

John
Yes, Have setup quite a few Samsung Q1's. Cinemar was the third national reseller of it. The Q1 is a passive screen / stylus. ie: You can use your finger. But, the screen isn't that large so if you aren't using a UI specifically designed for a small touchscreen (like what is easy to do with MainLobby), you will end up using the stylus anyway as it has better finite control over where you are clicking. Big buttons / many scenes is the rule of thumb for small display touchscreen UIs.

The UMPC looks like the right choice for those that want to run Mainlobby or CQC front ends.
It can be, but since CQC has a DNV (.Net viewer) that runs on windoze mobile or CE 5 then there should be no issues with CQC on either, so in that respect you have more flexibility to choose the hardware path that fits you better.

upstatemike said:
dgeffs said:
The 110's are very hard to find and I was planning on purchasing a 210 at one point but my project got shelved for a while.
What is a 210? Just an updated 110?
The 210 is the replacement for the 110. Last time I looked it was impossible to get ran over $1200. I've not checked the Viewsonic site or availability in the last year so i'm not sure if this information is current.

Dale

Back