Next "Intro to HA" webinar, 8/25, 8:30am PST

IVB

Next "Intro to HA" webinar, 8/25, 8:30am-10;30am PST. As always, please reply here if think you can make it.

I'm also on the CQC v2.2 beta. It'll probably be G/A by then, so I'll use it to show off some of the cool stuff (ie, multiple concurrent editor windows, iTunes integration). Plus, if beelzerob gets the upgraded SageTV/MediaMVP driver done by then, that could be shown too.

The webinar logistics will be posted wk of 8/20.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the "Intro to HA using CQC & the Elk Automation Panel" course.

This online gotomeeting & teleconference is designed to be a 120 minute overview as to how to perform HA & HT using CQC and the Elk automation panel. It is targeted to the newbie who wants to know how to do HA.

There is a dialin phone # and listening is critical as that's where the information is disseminated.

Requested but not mandatory prep
1) Pre-read this powerpoint PDF, it's what I'll use during the first 20-30 mins of the session.
2) As many of the tutorial videos as you can stand. There's 24 of them now, ideally watch all 4 of the installation ones and the first 2 of the action, event, and graphical interface sections. That's 10 total.

Agenda
This online gotomeeting & teleconference is designed to be a 120 minute overview as to how to perform HA & HT using CQC and the Elk automation panel. It is targeted to the newbie who wants to know how to do HA.

There is a dialin phone # and listening is critical as that's where the information is disseminated. We're also setting up a PC connection capability so our overseas brethren can join us without the exhorbitant callin fees.

The agenda:

1) Overview of what I did, why I did it, and how it helped. 5mins
2) CQC Overview & Architecture 5min
2) How to physically hook devices up to an HTPC for control - 5mins
3) How to tell CQC you have devices connected, and use it to easily create and render a screen to control them in realtime - 45mins
4) How to setup ElkRP to monitor your devices 15mins
5) How to use CQC's event manager and the Elk together to perform the following: 15mins
5a) scheduled tasks (i.e., irrigation, turn off all devices at midnight)
5b) triggered tasks (i.e., turn off all devices when you ArmAway the Elk. turn on the light when you open the closet door)

That's 90 minutes of content. The remaining 30 minutes is intentionally unallocated as questions in various places take up the rest of the time.

See you there!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't make the session, here's the recording of the last one.
1( You need to download the GotoMeeting codec from here FIRST

2) Download the 125 Megabyte WMV file here.

There's a few known issues with the session:

1) Readability of the text isn't as good as it could be for 2 reasons:
1a) I forgot that I was recording it, left my laptop in 1280 x 800 mode. hence you see a really wide screen
1b) I didn't put the ppt into "slideshow" mode for the first several minutes, so the above problem is worse.

2) Not all hardware was working at the time of the session. Like a putz, I was mucking with the server the morning of, didn't realize I had accidentally pulled the zWave USB cable out until the session had started. Hence no zWave demo's are done here.

Back