Premise NFC tags and Premise for $6 or less (requires an Android based phone with NFC support)

Motorola Premise

etc6849

So, I came across an Android app called NFC Task Launcher. The free app may be a neat way to launch tasks in Premise using my new phone (Galaxy S3)! This is entire project is less than $6 depending on which tags you order...

To get it to work, all that is be required is to program an NFC tag with a URL. The URL is formatted for minibrowser as shown under 123's minibrowser module.

Some ideas so far (still waiting for the NFC tags to come in the mail so I haven't tried any of this):
1. Have Premise announce when I'm heading home from work provided: I put my phone in my car near enough to the NFC tag and the time is between 3-5 pm on a weekday.

This may require an Android app called Tasker along with NFC Task Launcher. Tasker would limit the event to between 3-5pm on a weekday and then NFC Task Launcher would attempt to launch the Tasker activity. The announcement would be triggered by Premise using a hidden panel button. The hidden panel button would be accessed in this manner:

Code:
http://ipaddr/sys/%7B8408B069-1D56-4AE1-9585-AC850BC266BB%7D?d??mbFireMacro

Where 8408B069-1D56-4AE1-9585-AC850BC266BB is the object id for the hidden panel button and ipaddr the Premise servers address. The scripting required would be inside a script macro under the hidden panel button.

A text message could also be sent automatically (using Tasker, NFC Task Launcher or Premise) along with the announcement over my Elk M1G's speakers... Since memory space may be a limitation on the stickers, it may be better to have Premise do the extra stuff like send text messages.

2. Put some NFC stickers on light switches to toggle them on/off.

3. Have NFC stickers to trigger scenes throughout the home.

4. Since I have Tasker installed on my phone to automatically turn on wifi when I'm near my home (using the cell network, not GPS as it uses more battery), it could be "safe" to use a NFC sticker to open a garage door.

My reasoning is the web address required would be a local ip address, so the phone would have to be connected to the wifi network at home to perform the task. A thief could hack a wireless network, but would they?!?

Feel free to provide ideas...

I ended up reposting this thread here: http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/22142-nfc-tags-and-home-automation-requires-an-android-based-phone-with-nfc-support/#entry180679 You should use that one if you want to reply.

I've tested everything, except the NFC part (still waiting for my tags)...

The steps to get this working (steps 0 and 1 are optional):
0. Root your phone and perform an nandroid backup using CWM. Be sure to install a superuser app (I use SuperSU).

1. Search xda developers for a hack to keep your NFC turned on when your screen is off.

2. Install Tasker from google play.

3. Setup a task for each thing you want Premise to do.

3.1. In Tasker, navigate to "Tasks", click green plus, then give the Task a name.

3.2. Now click your task, and then click the blue plus. Navigate to Net->HTTP GET.

3.3. Fill out the Server:port section using this format: [background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]
Code:
http://username:[email protected]:8042
[/background]

Where 8042 is the port you're using, example.com is your hostname or ip address and username:password is your log in information for Premise or whatever HA program you're using. Leave the : and your port number off if you are using port 80 (default) or use ":80"

3.4. Fill out the path to whatever will trigger the automation task in your HA software:
[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]
Code:
/sys/%7B8408B069-1D56-4AE1-9585-AC850BC266BB%7D?d??mbFireMacro
[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]You change the [/background]
Code:
8408B069-1D56-4AE1-9585-AC850BC266BB
to whatever GUID the object in question uses. In this case, the object is a script, so I'm using the GUID of the script. The mbFireMacro part is for scripts with a trigger property. As another example lights would use mbToggle, mbUp and mbDown. The easiest way to figure this out is to open MiniBrowser in a browser window and perform tasks while examining the link structure.

3.5. Now click the green check mark, then click the green check mark in the Task Edit window too.

4. Launch NFC Task Launcher go to New Tag ->New Task->Add action->Tasker->Tasker Task

4.1 Select the Task you created, then click Next and place the phone on the tag to program it.

Back