Nowplaying 2005

Well I have now added the current temp on all the Now Playing screens. This temp comes from the WeatherPlugin.

John

Attachments

• mainscreentemp.jpg
    mainscreentemp.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 105
Well I just love popup (hidden) panels as they are lightning fast. I asked Ben to allow the track list window to be allowed on a hidden panel. I have redone the main screen so now that when you click the large album cover image it toggles the track list popup off and on. Here are a couple screen shots.

John

Attachments

• main1.jpg
    main1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 68
And here is the track list popped up.

BTW this is one great song track featuring backing vocals from Bob Segar....

John

Attachments

• main2.jpg
    main2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 76
I assume this is much faster than switching to a new screen for the track listings? Can you pick the font for this window (so it would be readable on smaller LCD's)?

electron said:
Can you pick the font for this window (so it would be readable on smaller LCD's)?
Are you thinking about the RedRadio touchpads? I've been wondering about using them with this type of an interface... This is great stuff Jwilson - helping me think through a few options...

Well actually I already have Fujitsu 3400 Touch Screen PC's. Here is the one in my kitchen.

I emailed Ben the link to those Redradio devices but didn't hear anything back. For the music library screens you really need at least 640X480 to be able to display and control from. I am running 800X600 now and it seems to be a nice size screen that gives you plenty of room for the graphics with buttons big enough to use your finger tip yet not too much that it starts to look busy.

John

Attachments

• mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 149
Also clicking the center map will bring up this nice animated radar map.

John

Again thanks to JohNWPB for his weather ASP page that I modified and used.

Attachments

• weather2.jpg
    weather2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 54
Well I am finishing up with one of the last additions before I release the project. Here is a digital slide show. It runs from a re-ocurring event under Homeseer and displays up to 500 files in order and not randomly so that all pictures will be seen.

John

P.S. The picture was taken at our HS user group meeting.

Attachments

• slideshow_nr.jpg
    slideshow_nr.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 117
Well great news. I finally upgraded to JRMC V11 and have to report that after some screwing around and some slight modifications to my Now Playing CCF it now supports independant views for each zone. I now use a 'radio' type button setup for the zone control and when you click on any one zone the view changes to that zone and the other clients stay put on the zones they are set to!!! This is a big improvement.

John

Attachments

• jrmcmainmc11.jpg
    jrmcmainmc11.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 53
Now that NR supports MC11's independent zone views I decided to create a screen to take advantage of that. The main screen controls just the zone it is set to and since it will not have the view changed by another client it will just stay pointed at the zone that is selected. Here are some of my new additions.

John

Attachments

• zonedmainscreen.jpg
    zonedmainscreen.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 60
Back