OMNI IIe remote control feature problems (not networking issues)

Understood.

It is all about old IE / XP that was very commonly used.

I may dig up my old desktop with XP on it and start there.

That will work. If you have an old netop laptop (like a Dell or Asus) that will also work. Tiny little computer.

Years ago went from XP to W2003 servers for automation software. Today still running a newer OS Ubuntu with two W2003 servers running in a virtual machine to run two instances of automation software to manage my phones via Way2Call boxes. (a bit of a pain to manage). I did turn all of my XP machines back then to W2003 client computers which was XP with no fluff.

My 15 tabletop touchscreens run XP embedded and do fine with OmniTouch Pro and all of the old HAI written for Windows software.

I chose a different route. I have the HAI WL3 install CD for WHS so I decided to try that. It all works with Windows 7.....
I had to install Microsoft Virtual PC and Microsoft Windows XP Mode - found using the Wayback Archive. I used the install instructions from here:
That gets me the ability to run IE 6 under windows 7. This is necessary because if you access WL3 with a newer browser like Firefox a bunch of tabs are missing like rules....
So WL3 has the ability to set the HAI system time daily and it has rules. Will play with it and report any good or bad I find but so far looks good.
@dwalt

Back