Omni Pro II Automation Programming Question

HASilver

WHEN ARM AWAY
WHEN ARM VACATION
THEN PROGRAM BYPASS ZONE 10

Will the above work if panel is armed AWAY or armed VACATION? Or, should it be two separate instructions like this:

WHEN ARM AWAY

WHEN ARM VACATION

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You could use 2 rules or the "OR" variable.

WHEN ARM AWAY
OR
WHEN ARM VACATION

Hello Dwalt,

Thanks for the assistance.

Am I missing something here?

I am not able to add the "OR" option between two "WHEN" events. Starting with blank automation block adding
"WHEN ARM AWAY", then adding "OR", then adding another "WHEN" instruction, as soon as you click "WHEN" the program places the instruction above the "OR" command which results in:

WHEN ARM AWAY
WHEN ARM VACATION
OR

OP2 Firmware 4.0B
PC Access Dealer Version 3.17.3.861 (09/February/2021)

You're right. the OR doesn't go between the When lines. To use OR it has to go with the AND IF variable.
Below is how to do what you asked with the OR variable.

1. EVERY 15 SECONDS
AND IF AWAY
OR
AND IF VACATION

Right! Got it.

However, and I probably should have done this before I posted my question . . .

This code is for a new install, and there aren't many "AUTOMATION" lines of code in it yet, so I decided to just try this:

WHEN ARM AWAY
WHEN ARM VACATION

. . . and it works.

If armed AWAY or armed VACATION, then ZONE 10 is set to BYPASS.

I seem to remember reading something somewhere about how the automation cycles continuously and then executes instructions based on change events from the previous cycle. So it kind of makes sense that this would work.

Sidebar - The system in my previous home was connected to two RUSSOUND CAV6s. I had some automation that said MUTE all Channels when the phone rang and then restore when the phone was hung up. It always failed to mute the audio in the garage. The work around is below.

WHEN PHONE LINE RINGING
THEN ALL AUDIO ZONES MUTE ON
THEN Garage AUDIO MUTE ON

WHEN PHONE LINE ON HOOK
THEN ALL AUDIO ZONES MUTE OFF
THEN Garage AUDIO MUTE OFF

I assume it cycled too fast for it to mute CAV2's CHANNEL 6.

Like so many others on this site, I am so sorry that HAI was consumed and then shuttered by Leviton. My next question for this site will be how do I make the OMNI Pro II talk to Leviton WiFi Gen 2 switches. It seems there should be a way to go from an OP2 port to a Pi and then to a switch. Please advise as to where best post and discuss this question.

Thanks again all.

Thanks for sharing your solution. I should have tried that! Switching between HAI and Homeseer, I spend a lot of time rethinking my rule logic.

Back