Omnistat 2 blank screen

eleben

This morning I went and disabled my schedule setup on the HAI RC-1000 applied it from Monday to the other days of the week, clicked OK and was presented with a beautiful blank screen :(

Is there any way the RC-1000 can be "reset" or checked to verify it isn't broke? I get a -40 degree temp reading in my HAI app.

Please help. Thank you for any suggestions!

I would check that the thermostat is still properly seated in the contacts. IIRC, that one has you screw the wires to the mounting plate then snap the thermostat in - I know with my old RC80, once in a while it wouldn't sit perfectly and would lose a connection. The wall wasn't perfectly smooth causing the back to be flexed slightly when screwed down.

I redid the wiring and no change :( I have noticed the screen will fill completely i.e. all pixels will be light grey and then get darker and darker and then it goes blank and the cycle continues. I will post a video of that may help someone diagnos the issue (just let me know).

Has anyone ever tried going in and changing their schedules to disabled for each of the times (morning, day, afternoon, night) and then apply it to each of the days? It almost seems like the thermostat got stuck in a programming loop after the save.

It has been working solid for over a year. Anyone know how generous HAI support is? I didnt purchase it from an authorized reseller but would like to send it in for repair. Any ideas on the cost to fix from them if at all possible?

Thanks again for the suggestions.

I used to have some comm issues with my OmniStat RC-1000. I wouldn't get data from the panel to the OPII. This also was seen on the Omnitouch screens. HAI support was good; but the thermostat was brand new. That said the problem was very random and replacing the thermostat didn't fix it. Initially did check my wiring as the thermostat replaced an RC-80 which had been in place for something close to 10 years. Aside though from this my time would go way off sync and indicatory lighting schedules would be way off. My fix ("mickey mouse") was to just pull the plug on the network interface. I don't know why this worked; but it did.

With the newest firmware I am not seeing the issue anymore related to com between the Omnistat and the OPII.

I never saw the pixel issue but try disconnecting the network interface for a bit. If you have OmniTouch5.7e's (have both types here) you will lose their connectivity doing this.

eleben,
Check and see if your contrast settings have been changed to a non nominal value. To check this even though you cannot see anything, power cycle the thermostat and give it 5 seconds to boot up. Press and hold the middle button and turn the knob. This is the shortcut for changing the contrast. For each knob turn it will change the contrast by 1. Keep turning for about a minute or until you see the screen again.

If the issue really was the contrast, and the temperatures seem off I would recommend performing a factory reset (last option in installation settings).

Please post here the result of this test and any significant data you can recall to possibly explain why the NV memory was scrambled.

Sorry for the delay....the Contrast screen is visible if I push and hold the middle button turn the knob and let go of the middle button. The screen will also cycle through the colors if I press and hold the first button while turning the knob. After doing this, and I let go of the first button I can see the screen with color and brightness settings.

When I let go of the buttons and don't touch anything, the screen starts to get darker and darker then goes blank and then darker and darker ( repeats). During this time the color the screen is set to still shows just the portion that can display information gets darker and darker.

In case my description wasn't clear (wouldn't be surprised) here is the video of what is happening http://youtu.be/ai7hedFUrW0

I just noticed the same problem.

I have two RC-2000s and they are normal.
My R.-1000 has a very dark display.
It is still communicating with the controller and is operating properly, the display is not correct.

The contrast is almost black with straking vertical lines all along the display.
If I look at a very extreme angle I can just make out the display.
I can turn the knobs and adjus the settings.
I can see the display driver is working properly because all the info is working correctly.
I tried adjust the contrast and back light, the numbers change, the color of the back light changes, but the contrast and vertical streaking does not go away.

I power cycled the T-stat and it is the same.

I have not updated the firmware to the T-stat or Omni Pro II recently, so I don't think it was caused by that.

VRL said:
I'm having the same problem, just started this morning.  How did you solve it?!
I wish it was solved.  I just ended up having to buy a new one.  I haven't looked but is it possible to do a firmware update "at home" with these?

With the same thing happening to multiple units all at the same time it almost sounds like a firmware date bug.
I don't know how that would affect the display though.

Hi, am having the same issue with one of my Omnistat/2
's. Does anyone know if there is anything else that can be tried in lieu of replacing it? I'd at least like to restore it to factory defaults or somehow update it's firmware and see if it would come back but have been unable to find any information on either option.
I have one upstairs and one downstairs and when I swap them the problem remains so I know it has nothing to do with the wiring to the thermostat.
thanks!

Back