PC Access 3.17 Unhandled Exception Setting Clock Omni Pro II

Well,  just updated to 3.17.1.856, and Indeed "Setting Time" works (I tested over Serial, my Ethernet is disconnected)!

Now If I can get my failed attempt to resolve "SYSTEM RESET" issue and controller working, I will move to isolate the Ethernet from LAN Flooding issue  now that we use IPTV!

I noticed the ICONS are larger in menus as well. Hopefully they solved other PCA crashing issues!

SierraTech said:

I noticed the ICONS are larger in menus as well. Hopefully they solved other PCA crashing issues!
I noticed that also.  I wonder if that was intentional.  I also noticed that recently they have removed the serial number required, so now the software is open to use.

SierraTech said:
Well,  just updated to 3.17.1.856, and Indeed "Setting Time" works (I tested over Serial, my Ethernet is disconnected)!

Now If I can get my failed attempt to resolve "SYSTEM RESET" issue and controller working, I will move to isolate the Ethernet from LAN Flooding issue  now that we use IPTV!

Yet another new update!   The icon sizes are fixed.  Readme specifically states "PC Access Version 3.17.3.861 (09/February/2021)- Fixed tool bar and menu icon sizes."

Good catch, checking for update!

I wonder if they secretly fixed other undocumented  issues waiting in the wings!

Thank you for letting us know! I wish they would refresh iOS SNAPLINK issues, but PCA is definitely most important!

At least Leviton has kept us going, this system was a major investment in money and time!

-Bob

SierraTech said:
Thank you for letting us know! I wish they would refresh iOS SNAPLINK issues, but PCA is definitely most important!

-Bob
What Snaplink issues?   I've been running it for years and don't remember any issues.   Although I don't update my iOS (version 11.x) and I don't use a lot of add-ons.

For one I wish they would update to use RTSP protocol in cameras (Like SPACE). If I use SNAPLINK to connect cameras they disconnect from DVR (I think it forces MJPG).

I don't use SNAPLINK very often, I mostly use HAIKU (even though I have to deal with its loss of connection to their server).

ctuinstra said:
I'm having the very same issue.  This is a programming issue with PC Access.  A kind of Y2K issue, the programmers didn't think that it would be used in 2021.  I'll bet if you set your PC clock back to 2020, it will work.  I would try it but, I don't want to set my controller back that far and not be able to correct it.

Hopefully Levitron hasn't slammed the door on Omni just yet and they will consider fixing it.
Hi I have same exact problem - HAI Omni Pro II I tested PC Acces 3.13,with Win XP 7 And 10 - cant set year 2021 :(

Paul0077 said:
Hi I have same exact problem - HAI Omni Pro II I tested PC Acces 3.13,with Win XP 7 And 10 - cant set year 2021 :(
Do an update and it should take care of it.  It's been fixed for a month or two now.

My version is 3.17.3.861

If you are 3.13, you are way behind.

Here using JPG single frame captures via ONVIF for the Doorbell camera integration to the OmniPro Omnitouch 5.7e's and Omnitouch Pro screens. 

VERY slow on the OmniTouch 5.7e's (modified) and very fast on the Omnitouch Pro tabletop screens.

scorp133 said:
I get a server not found error when trying to update from 3.17.0.843, also get an error when hitting https://www.homeauto.com from a web browser (tcp reset from server).  Is this an expected outage?
I just checked for new updates and it responded with no updates found.  Seems like it's up and working.

scorp133 said:
I get a server not found error when trying to update from 3.17.0.843, also get an error when hitting https://www.homeauto.com from a web browser (tcp reset from server).  Is this an expected outage?
Hi,
I'm experiencing the same issue, and cannot update my PCA nor access to the homeaout.com.
Are someone else having the same issue? Any alternative to download the latest version?
thanks

Interesting. When the check update fails it gives me the link http://www.HomeAuto.com/Downloads/Updates/v4/?Variant=PCA3D_EN&Serial=[my serial number]&File=0version.xml
Are you able to get to the base url?  
I tried homeauto.com against urlscan.io and isitdownrightnow.com and both say the site is down for everyone.

Back