placement of thermostat remote temp sensors

js19707

my omnistat2 sits in a hallway outside our bedrooms. when all the doors are closed and the heat is running, the temperature read by the thermostat can be 4-5 degrees off of that in the bedroom. i'm experimenting with the Heat anticipator settings on my omnistat but i'm also planning to install a few remote temp sensors (HAI 23A00-2 Flush Remote Temperature Sensor) throughout the house, 3 in bedrooms and 1 in my living room.

I'd like to install these sensors in locations as inconspicuous as possible. is it inadvisable to put these in the ceiling? if i put them in a wall, what's a reasonable mounting height? can i get away with putting them up high? obviously heat rises but i'm not sure how much accuracy i'd be giving up if i mount the thermostat up higher in the room.

advice appreciated, thanks!

The height of your thermostat is the height you should try to mount your temp sensors to get the most accurate temp. Too low and they read cool to high and they read warm. If you are going to average them then it may not be as critical. I can't remember the exact height but it's approximately eye level.

Back