POE security camera system?

I just verified that the string I used above was actually displaying a video stream and not a still image.

Here's is a screen shot of the sub-stream settings. The video encoding options for mine are H.264 and MJPEG.

Attachments

• HikVision.jpg
    HikVision.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 23
I really appreciate the time you have taken to help.  Thanks to all....

One of my issues was indeed that I hadn't set the 2nd stream to MJPEG out of each camera.  Once I did that, I can go to Chrome and enter http://username:p[email protected]/Streaming/channels/102/httppreview and get instant slightly fuzzy video in 320x240 or 640x480 depending on which I selected in the Hik 2335-i.  So I know I am now seeing the MJPEG stream.  I can't do this in IE or MS Edge, probably because they no longer support username and password in the URL??

So I take this perfectly good URL and put it in Omnipro II PC Access and still no luck - just a blue screen.  If anyone has the other IP Camera settings they use in PCA such as Type: I've tried both MJPEG and JPEG, Number: I used One?, FPS: I used Twenty, Quality: High?, Resolution: 640 or 320?,  Username: blank?, Password: blank?

Thanks....

That's interesting, I was able to get video in Firefox, Chrome, and IE with the string provided. One of them did prompt me, asking if I wanted to login with the provided credentials. The video I get is crystal clear; nothing fuzzy at all. It shouldn't make a difference, but I did this on a machine running W7.

So I take this perfectly good URL and put it in Omnipro II PC Access and still no luck - just a blue screen.  If anyone has the other IP Camera settings they use in PCA such as Type: I've tried both MJPEG and JPEG, Number: I used One?, FPS: I used Twenty, Quality: High?, Resolution: 640 or 320?,  Username: blank?, Password: blank?

The settings in PCA are more for the HAI Customized Axis server.  Read the ancillary posts here and look at the pictures and tested cameras; there is nothing complicated about the way this is being done as stated earlier the Omnitouch 5.7e firmware is old and very basic.

Whatever you feed to it will come out as 640X480.  Disable security on one camera, use only the JPEG link in PCA. 

One other thing I do is reset the Omnitouch 5.7e before checking out the video feed. 

Just guessing that the update from PCA to OP2 isn't really doing anything with the Omnitouch 5.7e. (dynamically).    Attached is a PCA clip from one camera configured.

PCA.jpg

omnitouch5.7.jpg

Note you can design a much nicer CCTV screen with automation software like CQC / Homeseer.  Here you can get a real HD image and stream at 30 fps.  Using the tablet / smart phone OS you can resize the image with your forefinger and thumb. 

Thanks everyone.  Really helpful.  I was able to have all my cameras show by linking to the Blue Iris server.  I could not go direct to a URL for a Hikvision camera even if I turned off authentication in the camera as a test.  There must be a URL that would work for Hikvision, but darn if I could find it.  Blue Iris allows you to set webserver authentication required for "Everything except the local LAN".  That got the password and username problem out of the way.  But it was Ken at Blue Iris that gave me the magic URL.  You have to append a height command to the URL or Omnipro rejects it.  So I ended up with:

IP Camera Name: Any text
Type: MJPEG
URL: http://192.168.1.286:8080/mjpg/cam1/?h=240  use the local address and port of the Blue Iris server as well as cam# assigned by BI
Number: All cams can be called "One" in this field
FPS: 5
Quality: High
Resolution: either 320x240 or 640x480 doesn't matter but using ?h=480 does improve the image but slows things a bit
Username: Blank
Password: Blank ​
remember to shut of local authentication in the webserver settings

I appreciate all the encouragement.  Howard

Good news Howard.  You can now utilize your CCTV stuff with the HAI Omnitouch 5.7e's. 

I haven't tested out the pop up video actions per automation line in PCA with the newest firmware.

For a bit it went away buried in the Leviton updating. 

Write simple automation line say door bell ring to front door camera pop up to test.

I don't have a doorbell wired to the Omnipro but I just tried:
If Front Door Not ready
Then Show Camera Front Door on Touchscreen 1
Didnt work. I don't recall numbering my 2 touchscreens since PC Access doesn't even show them. Maybe I need to identify them somehow in PCA? Ideas?

I just emailed HAI and the 5.7e doesn't support this.  You can do some workarounds with Automation Studio but it is not worth it for me.  Surprisingly the original Omnitiuch 5.7 and the 7 do support camera pop ups.  I don't know why the 5.7e never got recognition in PC Dealer Access so that it can receive firmware, programming, etc... 

Plasman, can you tell me, [one who has eight 5.7E's and Omni Pro II with PC Access only and wants to set up 5 outside and 3 inside cameras, with a recorder] what system [if you were starting over again] you would purchase if you had no major concern for budget cost??
You have done a lot of research and received much help from our fellow Cocooner's, etc. so I think you can help a guy such as me a lot. 

chasers03 said:
Plasman, can you tell me, [one who has eight 5.7E's and Omni Pro II with PC Access only and wants to set up 5 outside and 3 inside cameras, with a recorder] what system [if you were starting over again] you would purchase if you had no major concern for budget cost??
You have done a lot of research and received much help from our fellow Cocooner's, etc. so I think you can help a guy such as me a lot. 

I'd be happy to tell you my experience to date.  I am no expert. 

If having video on the 5.7E's is the primary objective, you might want to start by looking at the cameras which the Omnipro directly supports such as Axis and Panasonic.  My objective was different - I didn't want to invest any more into HAI/Leviton since they have dropped the ball and stopped innovating from what I can see. What I did want was HD video surveillance with 10 good wired IP cameras and a good NVR.  I wanted to record and also access my cameras remotely on Android away from home.  So I started my quest at ipcamtalk.com and cam-it.org and read everything I could.   I chose ~$75 Hikvision 2235i turret cameras from China and instead of getting a Hikvision NVR, I chose to build my own dedicated and physically secured camera server using software called Blue Iris - ~$50.  I'm really happy with that setup.  Getting the cameras from Blue Iris to show on the 5.7e's was a challenge, but the thread above describes how I finally did it (mostly trial and error).  Getting video on the 5.7e's was gravy since I wouldn't do anything differently if the 5.7e's couldn't have shown the cameras.  If my dogs bark or the doorbell rings, it is much faster to pick up my cellphone or tablet. If I'm away and my house alarm triggers, I am looking at all cameras (and recent motion segments) in seconds. 

Thank you Plasman......I can't find the $75 Hikvision 2235i turret cameras are you sure of the number?

My four outside eve corners are wired with a single coaxial + 8 solid wire bundle cable to each so will this suffice for these camera's?

Do your camera's turn to the action and do they show well at night??

drvnbysound said:
I have my Elk system tied to my doorbell, the one the builders installed, and at one point I had a rule that would change the input of the TV in our MBR to the input where our DVR was wired. Basically, if we were in there watching TV, the TV's input would automatically switch and show us who was at the front door. No separate code or anything special really.

Today, I just have the NVR send me a text message whenever there is motion on the camera that is facing our front door.
Which camera setup are you using with your nvr?

Back