Posts not formatting correctly

rsw686

Something is going on with the forum. Sometimes when I post or edit, the format is lost and I end up with visible html tags throughout. This seems to occur more often with the quick reply then the full editor.

This has been an issue now for the last couple of years. 

The Home Assistant post that I was writing above and deleted was a major issue this morning as I had to rewrite it about 4 times losing my changes every time I modified it.

Another issue is that the post will go to security mode verification sometimes.

Security mode verification which doesn't work of the post basically deletes the post changes.

This is why I quit adding DIY posts in the blog section of the forum.

Utilize Firefox here in what ever OS and it is an issue.

Tried with Windows 10 Edge the other day and I see the same issues.

I find many times a simple backspace key deletes the whole message being entered.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Forum posting is better today.

The Captcha now works and I do not lose my entire post these days.

This is still a problem.  Added a line to a post and got a bunch of what looked like formatting tags.  A real pain to fix them all. 

Firefox here in the midwest doesn't work for me unless I use safe mode (with no add ons).

It doesn't work in Windows 10 either for just Cocoontech.  Edge works fine here.

Using Chrome (which I hate) which works fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 (laptop).

Interesting too that Firefox doesn't work anymore with the HA GUI and had to switch to Chrome for that too.

All this via PFSense firewall.

pete_c said:
Firefox here in the midwest doesn't work for me unless I use safe mode (with no add ons).

It doesn't work in Windows 10 either for just Cocoontech.  Edge works fine here.

Using Chrome (which I hate) which works fine in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 (laptop).

Interesting too that Firefox doesn't work anymore with the HA GUI and had to switch to Chrome for that too.

All this via PFSense firewall.
I have found FireFox demands perfect HTML/CSS formatting. Chrome and Edge (same engine) allows errors in code and makes assumptions.
However I found Edge and Chrome bugs, missing random HTTP requests missing EOL terminators.

As a newbie writing webpage construction code using python3, it drove me crazy for almost two years trying to find what was wrong with my python3 code. A simple FireFox test demonstrated it was a bug in Chrome and Edge. FireFox never fails to terminate HTTP requests like that but also pointed out many confused nesting errors I had created in my webpage coding. Firefox just won't display anything instead of assuming, like Edge and Chrome do.

What has happened to us? A browser was a browser some years ago. I also avoid Chrome, like the plague. A test install of Chrome ruined my media centre years ago. I didn't know software could "own" the lowest levels of a hardware driver coding. Chrome never offered a polite removal tool.

On a Mac, only Safari mostly always works, with Chrome next. Firefox and Brave (based on Chrome) watch your privacy, but also often have problems. Mac Edge is new, and I haven't tried it much. I use Brave and Firefox mostly, but realize I may have to switch to Safari or Chrome if its something important.  Firefox and Brave (at least) screwup with Cocoontech.  ALWAYS copy your post before pressing "POST" just in case it screws up and you have to repost it, or you will be picking HTML codes out of your reply.

Back