Powering Panasonic IP Cameras

Mike,

How do you like your camera's? I have one indoor BL-C30A and a BB-HCM331A for outside on order. If I like them I will buy a few more as I really need to get some CCTV up and running.

I am thinking of getting a wireless outdoor version to put at the edge of the property facing the house. Its nice to see the actual house when you are away.

So far I am very pleased. I have 3 fired up now and can use the built-in multi camera mode to view them all at once without needing any software. I will add software later to play with recording and stuff but you can do a lot with these things using nothing but a browser.

One glitch I can't figure out... I turned on the time/date stamp on the cameras but for some reason it is fine on one and very small on the other two. Just spent two hours looking for a place in setup to adjust the time/date size but can't see a setting anywhere that controls it. Driving me nuts but so far it is my only complaint.

I have an old friend at Panasonic from my days at UL. I have to give him a call and see what he knows of these camera's. He always got to take samples home to experiment with. I think for the price they are pretty good but I will have to build my system slowly. I would like to have a few outside and 2 inside by next summer if I can afford it.

I have an old friend at Panasonic from my days at UL. I have to give him a call and see what he knows of these camera's. He always got to take samples home to experiment with. I think for the price they are pretty good but I will have to build my system slowly. I would like to have a few outside and 2 inside by next summer if I can afford it.

I am doing the outside (BB-HCM331A) cameras first and at nearly $500 each they are a budget challenge. Still, a cheaper PTZ IP camera plus outdoor housing plus heater (in this climate), does not really end up being that much cheaper.

I am doing the outside (BB-HCM331A) cameras first and at nearly $500 each they are a budget challenge. Still, a cheaper PTZ IP camera plus outdoor housing plus heater (in this climate), does not really end up being that much cheaper.

Do remember that the Z in the Panasonic under $600 cams is a digital zoom where you're simply multiplying pixels vs. a "real" optical zoom, like on the $900 BB-HCM381A.

That said, I'm using the BL-C10A and C20A and enjoying them.

I would be interested if anyone has found an outdoor housing for these "stubby" size cameras (approx 4"x4" and <3" deep) that isn't 15" long?

Do remember that the Z in the Panasonic under $600 cams is a digital zoom where you're simply multiplying pixels vs. a "real" optical zoom, like on the $900 BB-HCM381A.

That said, I'm using the BL-C10A and C20A and enjoying them.

I would be interested if anyone has found an outdoor housing for these "stubby" size cameras (approx 4"x4" and <3" deep) that isn't 15" long?

I WISH I could afford the cam's with the real zoom for outside. I have to see if one of my friends can get me dealer prices.

Alarm 1, alarm2, etc. People actually use that stuff?

[I know this is an old thread and a discontinued camera, but...]

Yes, I use the cam's Alarm2 to swing the camera toward the garage when a door is opening, and Alarm1 to return to the driveway view. Both are connected to a single M1RB relay output so that output=on triggers Alarm2 (pans toward) and output=off triggers Alarm1 (pans away).

I also use the cam's Output contacts with a Powerflash unit to turn the driveway lights on and off. This was before my M1, but it is still a handy feature for remote nighttime viewing.

About the only thing I am not using in this camera is push-to-talk.

Back