Questions on importing account in ElkRP

newalarm

So just transferring ELKRP and accounts to new computer. Exported my file, then imported on new computer. It is telling me there are conflicts:

-Wireless Setup
-Rules
-Texts
-XEP Setup

My inclination is to import everything from Panel. But I read somewhere that SOME data was in RP and not panel?

Anyone shed some light on this? thanks

Any comments that you have on automation rules are stored only in the RP database and are not sent to the M1.  So if you import from a panel into a new account, you will lose the comments.

Other threads on cocoontech have said that conflicts often occur if you have rules that are disabled.  You can get rid of the conflicts by re-enabling those rules, or deleting them.

So there should any issue if I send everything to the panel?

I think last time I just copied the Database from one computer to the other. For some reason, I can not locate the database file anymore.

I had my terminology screwed up in my previous post.  Rather than saying when you import from a panel, I should have said when you receive from a panel.  Importing and exporting are database operations that allow you move an account from one data base to another.  

After you import the file on the new computer, is it telling you that you have conflicts when you connect to the M1?  That could still be because of disabled rules and such.  But I would expect the same errors when using the old PC, since it is comparing the M1 configuration to what's in the RP database.

You can find where the database files are stored from RP by going to Setup - Options - Files.  Mine are in C:\ProgramData\RP.   I would just copy the database files to the new PC if you really want to play it safe.

So I tried copying the database file under C:\ProgramData\RP to the new computer and it gives me the same error.

I went into Rules to compare both. My unused rules were not crossed out in new database. I manually compared both new and old computer and turned off the unused rules on new computer.

Once that was done, I was left with following conflicts:

-Wireless Setup
-XEP Setup

For Wireless setup, I do not have any wireless zones.

For the XEP, I compared both and I could not find anything different.

So I uploaded everything up to the panel. All conflicts went away.

Back