Reading and Writing Counter Values

harleydude

When the value of a counter is changed via Rules, will the new value be sent via the Reply With Counter Value Format (CV) message?

If so, it does not seem to be working. If I send a cv message to change the value I do see the CV message with the new value.

The "CV" command is not send out when a rule changes a counter value in the M1. There could be a potential to bog down the system with changing counter values.

You can query for a change:

read counter:
RECV 13:19:28 -- 0DCV01000000042
TR00 13:19:28 -- 08cv0100FE

write counter:
RECV 13:24:06 -- 0DCV01123400038
TR00 13:24:06 -- 0Ccx0112340027

This command only works with M1 version 5.1.x. Not with 4.x.x.

I guess if you really want this functionality, you could create a rule which transmits an ASCII message with the counter value whenever the value changes, but I do see a potential for performance issue myself, as I personally have counters which get updated every 1 second.

Spanky,

Any chance we could get a command added like "Read All Counter Values" (similar to "Read ALL Custom Values")?

Regards,
Ultrajones

Treat the counter update just like custom values. If not, then read all counters. Getting really tired not being able to read counters from CQC because Elk does not update them when they are modified from inside rules.

Back