Recommend Wireless Sensor for ELK M1XRF2G

srodgers

I originally purchased 17 of the Micra-G sensors for my ELK alarm setup. They will not work with my style windows.

What is a good recommendation for the GE Crystal compatible wireless window sensors that can be mounted on the window frames? Which ones are the smallest and the least noticeable?

I purchased them from Russ VanDevanter directly for $26.00 ea. I see that AO has them for $25.50. I have asked if he will accept them returned and a give me a refund. In case that does not work out they will be for sale if anyone is interested. Will post separate For Sale notice. I have 17 of them and only opened the package on one. Never installed the battery.

Thanks,

Steve

I use the GE NX-455 micro sensors on my double hung windows and several doors (click here). Installed 16 of them 6 months ago with no problems so far and just bought 10 more to finish everything up. If you need white ones they are NX-454.

I have the NX-454's and usually pick them up cheaply off of ebay. They work well and they hide nicely on my windows. My doors I hardwired though since I wanted a clean look. I did have a problem with one NX-454, so it pays to have a few spares lying around just in case.

I have the NX-454's and usually pick them up cheaply off of ebay. They work well and they hide nicely on my windows. My doors I hardwired though since I wanted a clean look. I did have a problem with one NX-454, so it pays to have a few spares lying around just in case.

Russ was nice and accepted a return of the 17 Micra I had purchased from him. Looks like I will go with the NX-454s. Off to AO to order some of these.

I finally got around to purchase and install some NX-454 GE wireless sensors for my windows and have a problem. I can not enroll them.

I have the latest Firmware from for both M1 and the M1XRF2G.

M1 5.2.2 Boot 3.3.6
M1XRF2G HW 1.4 Boot 1.04 FW 1.2.26

I have two Keyfobs setup and working fine and 3 Micra-G door sensors. They work fine. They were easy to enroll by entering the TX id number and trip the sensor once and enter name and data in ElkRP.

The GE NX-454 are not enrolling correctly by entering the TX id in ELkRP and trip following the direction that came with the sensor. It says to remove the battery half way and then reinsert. This does not work. Tripping the sensor with the magnet does not work either.

I can manual enroll these sensors from the Key pad by following the prompt and sliding the battery out half way and it enrolls and shows the ID on the Keypad. Go back to Elk RP and receive from system the wireless setup and zones and it does not show a TX id at all. Make and break the sensor and it work fine until you change the name or type and send the changes back to the system from Elk RP then it does not work.

Sounds very similar to this problem from 2008 http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/lofiversi...php/t9716.html.

Followed Spanky's previous advice and Reset the wireless from Global 45. I have the same results as Laurent
had back then. I can enroll them from the Keypad but can not name them or manage them in Elk RP and sending them back to the system breaks it again.

Is they a fix for this?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

For all my 455's the following is the way I've done them all with no problems experienced:

- Go to the particular zone number set-up screen to use.
- Click on Wireless Setup.
- Enter the TX ID of the sensor and Save (as soon as you start entering #'s the "Enable" box activates).
- Set up remainder of the zone configuration and Send to System and save to database.

After that just trigger the sensor once by separating the contact from the magnet and my system
recognizes it fine after that.

Good luck...

Steve,

For all my 455's the following is the way I've done them all with no problems experienced:

- Go to the particular zone number set-up screen to use.
- Click on Wireless Setup.
- Enter the TX ID of the sensor and Save (as soon as you start entering #'s the "Enable" box activates).
- Set up remainder of the zone configuration and Send to System and save to database.

After that just trigger the sensor once by separating the contact from the magnet and my system
recognizes it fine after that.

Good luck...

I tired that after the reset of Global 45 for wireless. It worked once for a sensor. Then I noticed I forgot to change the Voice Description. So I changed it from the default Zone Eighty Seven to Kitchen Window in ElkRP and send to control and save and disconnected and now it does not work again. I can see the LED flash correctly on the receiver.

So it seems that it works for the first setup by entering the TX ID and then send to control. If I go back and change anything from Elk RP and send to control it breaks. ElkRRp version is 2.0.6.

Sorry, I don't have a clue what's going on with your system. I've changed the configuration of many of my wireless sensors several times once they're set-up and never had a problem.

You might try dropping a message in the Marketplace/Elk forum. Their Chief Engineer, Spanky, lurks there. He's always super helpful...

I realize this is an old thread, but I experienced a similar situation today. I tried configuring a wireless sensor as a test. When it worked, I moved it to the final location and tweaked some settings, made some changes, etc. Then it didn't work. The LEDs showed that the signal was being received correctly, but ELK never acknowledged the zone being violated/not violated. I tried reconfiguring it on a different zone, etc to no avail.

After leaving that sensor alone and installing some others, I came back to the problematic sensor. Upon closer inspection of my settings, I realized that I had the same sensor listed on more than one zone. After deleting both zones and configuring just one zone, it worked fine. So clearly the fact that the sensor's ID was configured on more than one zone prevented it from working correctly.

I'm not sure if that was the problem the OP had, but it sounds very similar.

I can also confirm that you can delete and reconfigure sensors as much as you want. Just make sure you don't end up with the sensor's ID listed more than once!

Back