Recommendatons for mounting second 10A06-1

nemesis

I appologize if this is a simple question, but I have been searching this site and the net forever. How do you install the second 10A06-1 expansion board onto an OmniPro II? I am assuming that the ribbon cable just plugs into the second ribon slot on the first expansion board as well as the second board. I am also assuming that you move the jumper pin on the second expansion board to 2. That being said I cannon find confirmation of this anywhere. These are just my guesses.

Also, where are you guys physically mounting this board? Do you stack it ontop of the first board making it impossible to get at the first boards zones or do you get longer ribbon cables and mount it seperately? Thank you for your help!

You are correct. And yes, the easiest way to mount it is over top of the first one using the same spacer screws.

The docs are very poor on this.
You have to set the jumpers correctly and make sure you use the other set of headers for the ribbon cable.

Make sure you get the ribbon cable aligned on the header correctly.
I offset one set of pins in my initial installation and the system couldn't talk to the second board correctly.

The HAI knowledge base has a couple of articles with the specifics.

Makes it a bit crowded but works well (have two additional boards stacked here).
Do you also have the email notifier board? If so, wondering how close it would come to sticking outside the panel/can? I realize the thread is old as dirt but seem to be the best thread on the topic.

Do you also have the email notifier board? If so, wondering how close it would come to sticking outside the panel/can? I realize the thread is old as dirt but seem to be the best thread on the topic.
You should be able to stack 2-3 boards in the can. You can also mount the Email Notifier on the left side if you like. Just use two sets of standoffs to clear the serial ports if you have something plugged in.

You should be able to stack 2-3 boards in the can. You can also mount the Email Notifier on the left side if you like. Just use two sets of standoffs to clear the serial ports if you have something plugged in.
This worked very well. Thank you.

Back