RelayTouch-UTMA and Pandora

dwayne

Having a little fun tonight listening to Pandora.com (my favorite), some reggae, streaming through RelayTouch-UTMA's local audio zone.

utma12_pandora.gif

Cool Dwayne, I am curious I noted the stated resolution of the UTMA is 1024x768 but 800x600 is recommended..does the UTMA function fine running 1024x768 or is there anything someone needs to know about using that rez that isn't mentioned on the website?

I have been thinking of maybe grabbing a UTMA in the near future and most of my current stuff I have designed is used on a 15" at 1024x768 and it would be a task to have to resize it all to work at 800x600 on the 12" screen.

**I'm also curious is the screen covering glass or plastic? I assume the bezel is plastic?

Thanks for any answers and for the pictures..I'm interested to see others designs on the UTMA once they are selling.

I need to remove that "recommended" quote. It runs just fine at 1024x768, which is the native res of the panel. Just an old guy like me needs the bigger buttons and menus. Must customers run it at this res. The bezel is metal and delivered primered. Once its mounted in the wall and configured, tape it, sand and paint for a truly custom look. The touch screen is 3M glass.

Thanks for the quick answers Dwayne, is the touch calibration based on the 3M TouchWare software and if you don't mind me asking how is calibration performed if you have say two UTMA and they need to be calibrated? I suspect the calibration driver must be loaded in the panels firmware?

Dwayne,

Hey bud! I was wondering if you could post a better quality picture? That photo makes it look like the screen has a really, really low res.

Thanks bud!

ph0n33z said:
Dwayne,

Hey bud! I was wondering if you could post a better quality picture? That photo makes it look like the screen has a really, really low res.

Thanks bud!
Here is a 1024x768 pic

utma12_pandora2.gif

Ripper99 said:
Thanks for the quick answers Dwayne, is the touch calibration based on the 3M TouchWare software and if you don't mind me asking how is calibration performed if you have say two UTMA and they need to be calibrated? I suspect the calibration driver must be loaded in the panels firmware?
NComputing has integrated the touch calibration into their firmware. You can calibrate if needed. However, of all of the units we have produced so far, none of them has had to be calibrated, NComputing did such a precise job of integrating our touchscreen metric. Even switching resolutions on the display, the calibration stays perfect.

Thanks for the photos and info Dwayne, for better quality try not to take the photos in .gif format as they will only be 256 colors or less..the first one is a .gif and it appears the other two were .gif and you renamed to .jpg?

Taking pictures of monitors isn't easy :eek:

Ripper99 said:
Thanks for the photos and info Dwayne, for better quality try not to take the photos in .gif format as they will only be 256 colors or less..the first one is a .gif and it appears the other two were .gif and you renamed to .jpg?

Taking pictures of monitors isn't easy :eek:
A photographer I am not. ;-)

Back