Repairing/Upgrading Omnistats

I have two HAI Omnistats. Both are from before HAI was bought by Leviton. One of them is broken, but both need the firmware upgraded. Neither are under warranty. If I send them back to HAI, will they fix the broken one and upgrade their firmwares? I don't mind a small fee.

The broken one has a problem with the relays I think. It clicks every ten seconds or so and doesn't respond to any controls when it is supposed to come one and doesn't actually turn on the HVAC. The A/C repair guy told me that if I let it do that for too long, then it could damage the HVAC or my compressor.

I will have to send them in one at a time (I have two zones). I bought a cheap thermostat to temporarily replace the broken Omnistat.

Both are white RC-2000's. Here is a picture of the stickers on the back of the broken one:
Broken_Omnistat_RC_2000.jpg

DaAwesomeP said:
I have two HAI Omnistats. Both are from before HAI was bought by Leviton. One of them is broken, but both need the firmware upgraded. Neither are under warranty. If I send them back to HAI, will they fix the broken one and upgrade their firmwares? I don't mind a small fee.

The broken one has a problem with the relays I think. It clicks every ten seconds or so and doesn't respond to any controls when it is supposed to come one and doesn't actually turn on the HVAC. The A/C repair guy told me that if I let it do that for too long, then it could damage the HVAC or my compressor.

I will have to send them in one at a time (I have two zones). I bought a cheap thermostat to temporarily replace the broken Omnistat.

Both are white RC-2000's. Here is a picture of the stickers on the back of the broken one:
Broken_Omnistat_RC_2000.jpg

I say give them a call and ask... what's the worse that can happen? ... they say no?

Well, I sent them an email and they linked me here: http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=62189&minisite=10251. It also says on that page:
If the product is out-of-warranty or if the warranty has been voided, then a credit card will be required to secure the repair. You will need to provide this credit card number to a Leviton Security & Automation representative at (504) 736-9810, extension 3.

I'll send 'em back and see what happens! I'm one step closer to completing my DIY home automation project!

I sent an RC-1000 back about two years ago.
It had been installed for 2 years.
The Tstat was still working and communicating but the display went out.
Turn around time was about 2 weeks.
I don't recall being charged for the repair.

Desert_AIP said:
I sent an RC-1000 back about two years ago.
It had been installed for 2 years.
The Tstat was still working and communicating but the display went out.
Turn around time was about 2 weeks.
I don't recall being charged for the repair.
Huh. I know that mine are definitely not under warranty it's been a long time since I bought them (they have the HAI, not Leviton logo on them). I'll hope I don't get charged then.

Back