Replacing an NX-8E system

Rudy81

I am a newbie about to tackle the replacement of an older GE NX-8E with a new Interlogix NX-8E. I have been having problems with false alarms from various zones and decided to just replace the main panel and re-wire the system to be more user friendly.

The original install was professionally done and 8 zones setup.  4200 sq. ft. home with glass break sensors, motion sensors, smoke detectors and window/door sensors.

As it turns out, all the sensors are home runs for each sensor and I figured it would be better to expand the zone count to allow for each sensor to have it's own zone.

I am acquiring a new NX-8E with two additional NX-216E boards for added zones.

To start off, some basic questions.

I have already identified all the wiring from the panel to each sensor.  When the home was built, no EOL resistors were used on the door/window sensors. 

- Are EOL resistors required on the Interlogix 8E board?

- What is the basic procedure for setting up the new system. From my reading and research, it seems I hook everything up PRIOR to powering the main board.  Is that correct?

- I have downloaded the DL900 software am looking through the options on the program, but it seems just as complicated as following themanual for keyboard programming. Any suggestions?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion and advise on how to go about setting this up.

Thank you.

I forgot to add another question.

I am getting the NX-588E direct connect module as well.  Does the board need to be powered for this to connection to work with the DL900 software?  I figured I'd play around with the software on the old board first to ensure I don't fry the new board.

Back