Restore, voice announciation issues with ELK RP

Bubbba

I have programmed the elk to not report restore pules or status on my sensors, ie I placed "0" in the restore column.  Yet the Elk is still reporting the restore status on all of my sensors.  Is there another action I need to take to eliminate the logging of the restore status?

I have also noticed that ithe voice annouciation  continues announcing words that follow  a blank in that menu ( even though it clearly states that it will stop ennouciating any words encountered after a "{blank}" is encountered.  What might cause this?  

Note that I have updated the firmware more than once to see if that would eliminate these problems, and it hasn't.

I don't have a micasaverde, but if I had issues like this, the first thing I would do is plug it in while looking for any syslog messages (use a syslog viewer) and then post them on the micasaverde website.  You may have to enable some sort of debug mode on the micasaverde to see these messages.

So:

1)  I apparently concused the ability to turn off restores in the communicator with restores in the log file - which you can't turn off.    2  Elk has stated that they will change their discription of what a {blank} does.  The ELK controller stops announciating after encountering a {blank} ONLY if it's in the first position.  In any other position, it has the same impact as a blank line - none (ie It will continue to announce any words that follow the {blank} if it's not in position one.

Back