Sample UPStart File

Unless it give super functionality...the numbers are 3 slaves to one regular.....need to be sold. I am sure that I am missing something.

regards,

I have read some posts of users that ripped out the USR slaves. I understand that they are limited in functionality but I agree with you about the cost difference. However, in the application I am thinking of, I would like support of up to six (?) links and correct LED status. If I go this route, I still plan on using the USR slave elsewhere.

Thanks for the feed back. Yes this is an actual home. There are discrepancies/errors in the version I have published. I have corrected some, removed unused links, added missing switches to some links. The owners like what it does now, so I do not plan on any more changes until they request changes.

The decision to go with remote switches or virtual 3 ways really depends on what bugs you. Do you like the feel, if you are not concerned with the color of the LED and do not have need for a switch operating something different than the 3 way then go with the remote switch. The remote switches are ok and you can use old x10 remote switches. They effect the UPB switches the same as x10. More savings.

In this home there is a 3 way in a location that they would never need so I put a transmitting switch to control the porch lights on the guest house up the hill. They can turn those lights on and off, dim and bright without walking the 100ft up to the guest house.

I have mostly PCS WS1 switches in this home with one SA US 240 switch in most locations for scene control. I have set all LEDs to solid green. The owners preferred that look around the house.

Thanks
Dave

The slave switches are nothing more than DUMMY switches. They cannot be programmed or anything and do not have a onboard processor.

They will turn the load on and off but that is it. One side will have a regular switch....i just have to analyse how many times do I use the slave to do anything. the other thing is if I have a slave next to a regular load switch. I could program that to do fancy stuff.

Like you said need feedback from more experienced users....so I don't make a stupid decision.

regards,

noshali,

The "dummy" switch can also dim and brighten the load. Of course a virtual will also do that. The "traveler wires on the virtual switches should not be attached to each other. They should only be used with the remote switch.

If you are lucky enough to live near a Fry's you can pick up progammable UPB switches for under $40. Remotes even less. Unless someone has already snatched them all up.

Dave

Back