Scared one away!

kd5crs

So I'm up at the In-laws this weekend for Thanksgiving, and I get a "Motion Detected in the Garage" from my house message on my phone. I pull up Indigo Touch and look at the device list just in time to see someone turn on my garage light and turn off my driveway light. So I remotely turn on the house lights, making it look like someone in the house is woken up and moving. I get a motion detected in the back yard, presumably from someone running away. I then give the police department a call and they sent a officer by, who checked the doors and found that the house doors were locked but the garage door had been opened.

So, seems like someone jumped my fence, opened the door to the garage, and then ran off when I remotely turned on the house lights. I haven't noticed anything missing, at least the big ticket items are still there.

Score one for the good guys!

(Of course, it is possible that I scared the crap out of one of my neighbors kids as he went into my yard to retrieve a ball again. Those whippersnappers need to learn to ask permission anyway. :) )

Brian

(Of course, it is possible that I scared the crap out of one of my neighbors kids as he went into my yard to retrieve a ball again. Those whippersnappers need to learn to ask permission anyway. :) )

But if it was the neighbor kids why did they open the garage door? if it was serves them right to run scared...

But if it was the neighbor kids why did they open the garage door? if it was serves them right to run scared...

Hmmmmm......out of town and you left the garage door unlocked? Or was the door forced?

Two way audio on the cameras would have been great! You could have really scared them :)

Congrats on the success. Take the opportunity to review the overall security of the premise and reinforce it if neccessary. This is probably a wake up call for your wife and she won't object to spending some money to make it even more secure (the same goes for you too - not trying to be sexist or anything :)).

Back