Simply Automated US22-40 is now available

I'm looking forward to getting mine. I have one bathroom that really needs it (single gang box controlling both the light and fan). I've been putting it off because until the US22-40 there was really no other good solution. From my reading of the US22-40's protocol spec, it appears that each channels can be separately configured for dimmable or not (unlike the PCS dual channel fixture mount device). This makes it ideal for the bathroom fan/light combo.

Ive got mine on order already... I plan on using it here in my LR.. where I can also do a fan light combo... one dimmable the other not.

This is exactly the reason I have been considering adding UPB into my existing Z-wave network.

UPB has all the cool options...

ugh.....

StevenE

I finally got around to installing my US22-40. No surprises really. With the addition of an extra wire (red) to control the second load, it's mostly the same as the US2-40. The body seems a bit different but is still about the same size. Also of note is that the behind the light pipe/air gap switch are two LEDs, one for each channel. While there are two LEDs, there is still only one option setting to control the color changes. And, I can confirm what was pointed out before, the two channels can be configured so that one or both are dimmable.

The only "bad" news I have to report about the device is that the buzzing it makes while transmitting is considerably louder than that of the US2-40. I've heard people complain about the buzzing of other devices. While I have about 50 US2-40 I never thought it to be much of a problem. Often I'll put my ear near one just to make sure it's transmitting. With the US22-40, there is no need to get close. The buzzing is quite noticeable at arms length.

Back