• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Smarthome Controlinc Maxi released

jeffx

I believe this just became available. I did a search to try and buy it a few weeks ago, and I could not find it then. I was looking for something to spend my $25 amazon.com certificate on and this might be it.

http://www.smarthome.com/4071.html

4071_side1big.jpg

jrfuda

I just got an email featuring this device from SmartHome. It's a very impressive, affordable alternative to a touchscreen for places where you only need control of up to 10 devices, events, and/or scenes.

When's automated outlet gonna start carrying these?

TonyNo

Am I the only person on the planet that can't remember all of my x-10 addresses off the top of my head? :) Seems like that would be necessary for this to work.

jrfuda

You only need to know the address when you program it. Once you program a button for, say P13, that button will always operate P13.

You can program the buttons as pairs, so the top button of a pair gives a P13ON and the bottom a P13OFF, for example.

OR

You can program buttons individually, where each button sends a unique address (10 total) and you then use the on/off/dim/brigh buttons at the bottom to control the device (which is how I'll use it).

You can also make the buttons trigger scenes on scene-capable devices, or events in HS or other software that can respond to an X10 command.