Smoke Install problems

DJK

I am having trouble getting smokes to all alarm when one smoke triggers and hope that someone can help.

Configuraiton:

Smokes home run to M1, with power supervisor relay connected, and shows 7.3 volts, and will trigger alarm. Next, I connected up the 405-03 to output 3 on the M1, rule to turn output 3 on fire activate and turn off output 3 on alarm deactivate per Spanky's directions.

I jumped the M1 SAUX +12V power to terminal 1, SAUX Neg to terminal 3, smokes + to terminal 2, smoke - to terminal 4, output 3 common to SAUX +12V and output NO to terminal 5, finally SAUX Neg to terminal 7, and EOL resitor between 6 and 8.

Problem is that when I connect one of the 541NCSXTE with reverse polarity, shouldn't it sound? Will it only sound if it is on the zone that is alarming?

Second problem is that the reversing relay is not reversing the polarity across 2 and 4, even when there is 14 volts across 5 and 7.

Lots to learn here obviously!

UPDATE (in case anybody else runs into this):

It turns out that you if just connect the 541NCSXTE with reverse polarity from the start, they will NOT sound. They will only sound by reversing the polarity after the initialization period.

Next, the ESL 405-03 (12V) might really be a ESL 405-01 (24V) which would explain why it's not switching (will experiment when I get home).

SOLUTION:

A ESL405-01 (24v) was in the box of a ESL4050-03 (12v). The actual model is printed on the board. Replacing the 01 with an 03 made the whole thing work.

I connected the common of output 3 to the +12v power supply to the smokes, and the normally closed output 3 to the +12v for the trigger, connected the negative of the smoke power to the negative of the trigger, and all is well.

Back