Snap-Link Email Functionality

tealcomp

Hell Fellow DYIers:

I am trying to add functionality that allows me to receive status updates via SMS to my phone, as my system is not monitored.
From what I could discern, the OP2 cannot do this natively; so I did some research and it looked like Snap-Link might be just
what I needed. Unfortunately, it has not been as cut and dry as I had hoped.

For one thing, it looks like in order for the email notification to function, the USB keyfob has to be installed and running on a computer which somewhat defeats the purpose of what I wanted to accomplish. Am I correct on this, or am I overlooking something?

Basically, I would like for the system to send status messages to my cell (for example, when the alarm is enabled, disabled and in case something is tripped, fire alarm, motion detector etc). Is there a way to do this? I have been looking all over the net for someone that has done something similar and I am not finding much.

I would appreciate any assistance/recommendations anyone might have.

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

Hello,
I just sat down and figured out how to do this, but I am on a Mac.
I set up a rule in Mac Mail to forward all emails that have the subject which contains "Snap-Link" to [email protected]

As far as the USB stick for PC Access can't you just copy the contents of the stick to the desktop of your machine and run the app?

Hope this helps!

Hell Fellow DYIers:

I am trying to add functionality that allows me to receive status updates via SMS to my phone, as my system is not monitored.
From what I could discern, the OP2 cannot do this natively; so I did some research and it looked like Snap-Link might be just

For one thing, it looks like in order for the email notification to function, the USB keyfob has to be installed and running on a computer which somewhat defeats the purpose of what I wanted to accomplish. Am I correct on this, or am I overlooking something?

Basically, I would like for the system to send status messages to my cell (for example, when the alarm is enabled, disabled and in case something is tripped, fire alarm, motion detector etc). Is there a way to do this? I have been looking all over the net for someone that has done something similar and I am not finding much.

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

Hello,

Thanks and sorry I should have prefaced that I can make it work in Snap-Link..yes I did discover that I could just copy the USB to another folder and that part works OK. Now the problem I am facing is I cannot use port 25 to send email (Comcast user here) and to protect my logon access I need to use port 465 (SSL SMTP Authentication) which it does not appear (at least so far) the Snap-Link program can accommodate; looks like it is hard-wired to use 25. I have a query into HAI Support to see if there is a way to do this.

I will say though I had thought the whole point of the USB fob was so I could write the rules I needed, transfer them up to the controller and that would be that; I had not bargained on running the program full time; but it appears that may be what I am required to do.

Hello,
I just sat down and figured out how to do this, but I am on a Mac.
I set up a rule in Mac Mail to forward all emails that have the subject which contains "Snap-Link" to [email protected]

As far as the USB stick for PC Access can't you just copy the contents of the stick to the desktop of your machine and run the app?

Hope this helps!

Hell Fellow DYIers:

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

I emailed the HAI Team about this (about 4 or 5 days ago) but have yet to hear back. I would really appreciate an answer, if there is one to be had :wacko:

-Dan

Hell Fellow DYIers:

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

Copy SnapLink to your local server and have it always running and connected.
Configure the email rule to email to the email address of your cell phone. Its usually something like [email protected]
Configure rules to send you notifications for whatever events you need.

Back