Software with Zigbee support

mistert

Guys I have my HAI panel running ,but I want to use a third party software to manage my system. I am using snaplink ,but I am looking for something a bit fancier. But something that I am running into issues is most software noes not support Zigbee. What can I do ?

The Homeseer 3 HAI plugin supports the Zigbee devices connected to the OmniPro panel.

The Homeseer 3 designer supports Windows, iOS and Android.

SPACE for iPhone, but its a work-in-progress. But Snaplink can support Zigbee devices. At worst, create a button to turn your Zigbee device on or off and Snaplink can trigger it.

Are you looking for a smart phone remote console or an in house remote console?

In house Omnitouch Pro software works fine on Wintel except for the video CCTV stuff unless you uses the HAI designer.

I run it here on in house 8" tabletop screens and looks fine.

Any 3rd party software that supports the OmniPro stuff will support Zigbee units.  (well it should?). 

So I am using snaplink on my android  phone. The reason I am looking in a third party software is because I want to have control of everything in one application. Currently I have wireless cameras that I have on a separate app. I also have a nuvo E6DS that i have control through the Omni panel ,but no metadata .  I want to be able to bring everything together. Also with snaplink , I am finding that if the app is left open for more than a few minutes you lose real time data, the only way to keep that from happening is to open and close it as needed..

pete_c said:
Are you looking for a smart phone remote console or an in house remote console?

In house Omnitouch Pro software works fine on Wintel except for the video CCTV stuff unless you uses the HAI designer.

I run it here on in house 8" tabletop screens and looks fine.

Any 3rd party software that supports the OmniPro stuff will support Zigbee units.  (well it should?). 
Pete your last sentence is what I am concerned about . you say that any software that supports omnipro system will have zigbee support ( or Should ) . I am not finding that in any writings the these software packages are displaying

The Zigbee ZIM for the OmniPro 2 panel only supports lighting and the thermostat.  The software plugin will control the OmniPro lighting whatever it may be.  The software doesn't have a direct connect to a Zigbee controller rather just what is connected to the OPII panel.

You configure your serial port to Zigbee ZIM

zigbee2.png

You configure your lighting units to Zigbee.

zigbee.png

Then you will see your Zigbee devices with Snaplink, OmniTouchPro, PCA or 3rd party software.

I mention the Homeseer Plugin because currently testing users of beta are utilizing ALC, UPB, X10, ZWave and Zigbee.

The Zigbee ZIM is the one and only primary controller for Zigbee.  The ZWave PIM (Leviton VRCOP) is utilized today as my secondary controller for ZWave.  I had no issues with the set up for the Z-Wave.  I am now though having issues with the Zigbee ZIM to OPII panel connection.

Here primarily utilize UPB for my in wall switches.  That said I also utilize X10, Z-Wave and adding Zigbee to the mix.

The software HAI plugin connects to the OmniPro panel and can get status or control whatever devices are plugged in to the HAI OmniPro 2 panel.

With the software automation plugin you can manage your media (I do not), CCTV, lighting, HVAC et al.

With Snaplink  you can only manage what is on the panel. 

I have Snaplink for iPhone/iPad. I have Zigbee switches, GE Zigbee lights, Zigbee locks, a Zigbee thermostat (Omnistat2).  I can easily control them all.  The dimmer settings of 25%, 50%, and 75% even work fine.  I don't see any Zigbee devices that I can't control with Snaplink.  Anything that the Omni supports can be controlled.

pete_c said:
The Zigbee ZIM for the OmniPro 2 panel only supports lighting and the thermostat.  The software plugin will control the OmniPro lighting whatever it may be.  The software doesn't have a direct connect to a Zigbee controller rather just what is connected to the OPII panel.

You configure your serial port to Zigbee ZIM

attachicon.gif
zigbee2.png

You configure your lighting units to Zigbee.

attachicon.gif
zigbee.png

Then you will see your Zigbee devices with Snaplink, OmniTouchPro, PCA or 3rd party software.

I mention the Homeseer Plugin because currently testing users of beta are utilizing ALC, UPB, X10, ZWave and Zigbee.

The Zigbee ZIM is the one and only primary controller for Zigbee.  The ZWave PIM (Leviton VRCOP) is utilized today as my secondary controller for ZWave.  I had no issues with the set up for the Z-Wave.  I am now though having issues with the Zigbee ZIM to OPII panel connection.

Here primarily utilize UPB for my in wall switches.  That said I also utilize X10, Z-Wave and adding Zigbee to the mix.

The software HAI plugin connects to the OmniPro panel and can get status or control whatever devices are plugged in to the HAI OmniPro 2 panel.

With the software automation plugin you can manage your media (I do not), CCTV, lighting, HVAC et al.

With Snaplink  you can only manage what is on the panel. 
Pete

So I have already set all that up . I have control from snaplink , like previously stated.  I only can't have total control over my media metadata. So I think homeseer maybe the best option as it has android support .

Yes; understood as stated earlier.

Snaplink will only control the HAI panel. 

The Homeseer plugin will control the panel plus media metadata and you can create a custom Android touch screen with Homeseer designer.

Test and play with it before you purchase it to see how it works for you using the 30 day trial period.

So I think homeseer it is for me since it will give me the ability to have it on my android devices. Can anyone tell me is there are issues with integrating  music streamers like Pandora /Spottily/Iheart radio and such with in my touch screen.

There are all kinds of ways / plugins to integrate music streamers in to your touchscreens.

Best to check out the multimedia plugins available on Homeseer.  Easy today is just using a Sonos box to a zoned audio system and manage the playback of the Sonos box via Homeseer touch.

Personally here since 1998 never have put any of my multimedia dependencies on Homeseer.  (IE: management of, control of, IR blasting, TV control, et al).  IE: I have kept it separately and used integration with HSTouch but not depended on it if that makes any sense?  While playing with smart phones and using them for my automation never did really have any dependencies on my smart phones for my home automation. (always used touch screens at home).

These also work well with tablets.  (IE here started with Microsoft CE wireless tables many years ago - early 2000's)

Epod-2001.jpg

Today can stream live TV / CCTV stuff on my new Windows 10 Homeseer touch console and older embedded Wintel consoles.

Many Homeseer users have always used Homeseer to manage their multimedia. 

Googling this morning for HSTouchscreen Multimedia stuff saw this one.  There are hundreds and HSDesigner / HSTouch lets you be very creative with this stuff.  There are no templates as there are numerous mechanisms and everybody's HS3 implementation is very unique.   Current implementation of the HAI Homeseer 3 plugin doesn't include control of audio stuff connected to your OmniPro panel.  Here put an RS-232 mini serial server on my Russound stuff such that it can be managed by a Homeseer Russound plugin and the OmniPro 2 panel. Note that these are touchscreen pc or tablet examples rather than cell phone screens.

HSTouch Multimedia.jpgsqueezebox.jpghstouchmultimedia.jpg

Back