SAI Solar Panel Inverter interference with UPB switches

Simply Automated, Inc.

Banjo123

Hello there. I have an OmniPro2 and use mostly Simply Automated upb dimmer light switches. One of two solar panel inverters went out and Tesla installed a replacement, using their own brand. Now during the day my upb switches usually don't work. Or if they do work they turn on a light but won't turn it off (usually.) Once the inverters go off line (dusk) or if I manually turn them off, the switches work fine. Any suggestions on how I can fix this AC line noise problem without a whole lot of fanfare? ... Thanks.

Banjo123 said:
Hello there.  I have an OmniPro2 and use mostly Simply Automated upb dimmer light switches. One of two solar panel inverters went out and Tesla installed a replacement, using their own brand.  Now during the day my upb switches usually don't work.  Or if they do work they turn on a light but won't turn it off (usually.) Once the inverters go off line (dusk) or if I manually turn them off, the switches work fine. Any suggestions on how I can fix this AC line noise problem without a whole lot of fanfare? ... Thanks.
Call them up and ask them to fix it. 

Yes, I did call them but I'll probable grow old and die before they respond with anything meaningful.  I was wondering if anyone else had too much AC line noise that caused their UPB switches to not work and what might be done to remedy it (filters, new circuit breakers, etc?) In the meantime I installed regular light switch for the ones we use when the solar panel inverters are on line.

Yes, I did call them but I'll probable grow old and die before they respond with anything meaningful. I was wondering if anyone else had too much AC line noise that caused their UPB switches to not work and what might be done to remedy it (filters, new circuit breakers, etc?) In the meantime I installed regular light switch for the ones we use when the solar panel inverters are on line.
Did you find a solution to this (other than replacing all of your switches)? I just installed solar on my house and suddenly all of my Simply Automated switches (or any other UPB device) won't turn off loads.

Reach out to PCS, they offer remote assistance with UPB, and have the knowledge/hardware to tackle many issues. This type issue isn't that uncommon with certain type of devices, so hopefully they'll have an answer for you.

818-701-9831
[email protected]

Back