Haiku Space Questions/Troubleshooting/etc

gpoland said:
Can't get user settings to work in a room. Every-time I put a user setting in a room, update configuration and then go to that room Space crashes.
Fix coming. Thanks!

How about naming the icons on the main screen(s), or at least a toggle for it?  I'm often getting frustrated with the 'clean' look of the new interface and having to click on multiple icons to get to where I need, just to figure out what each icon does.  I shouldn't have to memorize them, which will obviously come with time.  For example, the umbrella isn't intuitive at all to me to go to change the climate controls.  I just feel like I have to click a whole lot more in the new interface to get to what I need instead of Haiku where there's great information presented as soon as I open the app.  I can't even tell what the status of my system is immediately unless I click on the security badge icon.

Maybe even having all icons on the main page on the iphone.  I haven't tried it on the ipad, but I assume there are more (if not all) icons on the first screen, rather than having to scroll around.

As of right now, Haiku is still my go-to for my system.

I to have the temp sensor issue. I have a choice leave name as is and they appear in zones (making it unusable as I have a lot) and in temperature space. Blank short name and have them appear nowhere :(

Also my foscam's are not working at all in Space but do in haiku :(

I really hate the fact there is no overall status screen. I want to be able to glance at one page and understand the status of my property

Not liking this product. Love haiku

NicBetts said:
Also my foscam's are not working at all in Space but do in haiku :(
Make sure the Camera # field in the camera settings is set to 0.
I really hate the fact there is no overall status screen. I want to be able to glance at one page and understand the status of my property
We will be adding more at a glance info to the home page.

Haven't been able to connect:
Name: Home
Address 192.168.1.147
Port 4369
Private Keys: I put both keys in without : or spaces
and it doesn't connect.
Any tips?
I connect to Dealer PC Access fine and have programmed my HAI OmniProII that way.
First time user of Space/Haiku product line.
thanks,
Philip

@philipms: Check that you have controller firmware 3.0, that the IP is correct and that the private key is entered exactly with no mistakes. It should be 32 characters long, the separators are not necessary. If all of these things are correct, it will connect.

Hmm, I'm not sure what it is.
I just verified my entries with PC access and
My codes with my hai keypad menu
That the entries are correct. I even
Emailed he code to myself from my pic so I could copy paste
The 32 digits straight into my iPhone Space app without typing it in.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I will say that it was very annoying typing in the 32-character security key as a "password" and hoping I didn't make any typos. That obfuscation seems totally overkill to me for a single-use text entry field... just don't configure Space when somebody is looking over your shoulder (which is likely going to be in the privacy of your own home anyway.)

Similarly, it's impractical to edit the security key from the Settings screen since it's a password. If it were me, I'd just have a "clear security key" button instead of showing ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••.

Also, another big UI improvement for entering the security key would be a custom hex keypad (something like this for example) so you don't have to constantly switch between alpha and numeric using the "123" button.

While I do like the new clean look, I agree that having some basic status info on the main page would be really good.
I also seem to be having problems with my Vivotek cameras. Using the exact same settings as in Haiku the cameras will not connect in http/mjpeg mode. RTSP results in image artifacts and freezes and either mode crashes the app when clicking to make full screen in 1.03

arakasi55 said:
While I do like the new clean look, I agree that having some basic status info on the main page would be really good.
I also seem to be having problems with my Vivotek cameras. Using the exact same settings as in Haiku the cameras will not connect in http/mjpeg mode. RTSP results in image artifacts and freezes and either mode crashes the app when clicking to make full screen in 1.03
We're working on adding more controls/overview to the home screen. Regarding the cameras, make sure the camera # is set to 0.

philipms said:
Hmm, I'm not sure what it is.
I just verified my entries with PC access and
My codes with my hai keypad menu
That the entries are correct. I even
Emailed he code to myself from my pic so I could copy paste
The 32 digits straight into my iPhone Space app without typing it in.
Any ideas?
Thanks
If you can PM me connection details I can test remotely. Did you verify the firmware version is 3.0 or later?

Hey guys I'm new hear.  I was hoping someone could help me figure out my issue.  I just moved into a new home that came with an Omni Pro 2 a key pad in the master bedroom and an LCD screen downstairs.  The system works fine but wanted to purchase the PC Access 3 1106w software to be able to program stuff from my computer at home and to use superlink application (Android).  My issue is that the software is not communicating with the system now.  I tried every avenue but nothing.  I have a message on the bottom of my PC Access window that says OFF-LINE.  not sure what to do next.  I connected the Ethernet cable from the Opmni Pro 2 to my router/hub and I'm using my computer downstairs that is connected to the network.  Please help.

Back