Speakers placement suggestions

Stef

Hi,

One of my custumer want to renovate his TV room. He want to install a home theater.

I already installed ceilling speaker in the kitchen, dinning room and the living room. He want in ceilling speaker in that room too. Look for the green circle near the foyer.

My question about rear surround speakers placement:

The room is about 10 by 18. On the room drowing, speakers are in light blue. Should I install on the wall speakers and at what height? Or in ceilling rear surround speakers?

My question about center speakers placement:

We will install an 40" LCD TV over the fireplace. At first i was planning to install the center speaker just over the fireplace, under the LCD. But my client want an LCD wall mount that can pan, tilt, swivel and have some Height adjustment. He want to be able to lower the LCD Panel when not using the fireplace to have a more natural Height.

I don't know if there are wall mount system that can do this? And if yes, when he will lower the panel, the front speaker will get behind the screen. I think that the speaker should be install with the LCD on the wall mount so that both the LCD and the center speaker move the same way.

Any products idea?

Attachments

• SalleFoyer.jpg
    SalleFoyer.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 44
I have heard................. that mounting LCD and or Plasma TV's over a fireplace is not a good idea because of the heat etc rising from the fireplace. It might shorten the life of the TV.

If it was me I would still do it since that is the perfect location in the room usually.

I guess you cant have everything................

Is this a 5.1 system or 7.1? In a 7.1 I would use ceiling speeakers in back and wall speakers on the sides.

What are the front left/right speakers going to be and what kind of sub?

What if you mounted the two center speakers in the wall? Put one high and one just above the fireplace mantel. as the screen is moved and starts to cover one speaker the other becomes unblocked.

upstatemike said:
Is this a 5.1 system or 7.1? In a 7.1 I would use ceiling speeakers in back and wall speakers on the sides.

What are the front left/right speakers going to be and what kind of sub?

What if you mounted the two center speakers in the wall? Put one high and one just above the fireplace mantel. as the screen is moved and starts to cover one speaker the other becomes unblocked.
It will be a 5.1 system. On each side of the fire place, there will be custom made a/v furniture with door in the bottom part and shelf in the top. It won't be possible to place the sub on the left side since there is already a small door on that wall to enter firelog from the garage.

At EHX I saw this product and at least to me it sounded great. Just ask the guys from Smarthome, Cortexa or Dave from Powerhome - it was right across from them and they had to listen to it all day! Seems like a good solution when you can't get all the surround speakers in a good location or where WAF affecting aesthetics are concerned.

Edit: As for the mount, I saw this one at the show and it was really cool but probably very expensive. Go to Products, Wall Mount, X Arm for the details. Peerless also makes some nice mounts.

In my setup I installed the side channels on the wall about 7' off the ground and used ceiling speakers for the rear

At what height should i install the rear speaker?

Dont forget that there is no space between the wall and the couch.

Back