Speco HTINT59K

heffneil

Hello all!

I purchased this camera and in the light its great! Super sharp and really clear.  The problem is the first one has such bad blur in the dark that you couldn't see anything moving.  I contacted Speco and they had me reset it and change some settings to no avail.  I finally returned it for a replacement.  After a year of it sitting on the shelf i put this camera up and again it looks great in the light.  I had my son walk by in the dark with an ipad and it looks like the ipad was floating because of the blur.  You can't see the person at all! Its totally crazy and I have to believe that there is some crazy setting that needs changing otherwise no one would ever use these cameras.  The camera is indoors facing a back door.  There is usually enough ambient light that it works - but this needs a resolution.  Any ideas if you have experience with these cameras it would be much appreciated!  I want to purchase more of these but I do need to resolve this!

FYI, I had a SPECO camera and, after many, many attempts at settings and adjustment, gave up and returned it.  It seems that you can't have optimal adjustments for day and night (you can get one, but not the other).

My opinion would be to return it and get something like a HikVision IP camera.

I'm not even sure how to get it to work in the dark properly! The funny thing is I use the intensifier product all over the outside of my house and it is great.  I am still configured analog so an ip camera is nice but again it uses IR for night seeing which indoors is fine but thats a monumental task of rewiring on the first floor! I may have to use the coax to pull new cat6.  I have a few hikvision in service but no NVR to record them which is another problem I would need to sort out.  Lastly I use HAI and Haiku to view my cameras and direct viewing the cameras in Haiku isn't suspect and doesn't work reliably so I have stuck with the older everfocus DVRs for compatibility and simplicity's sake.

I hear you.  I was playing the same game with older analog cameras and some Axis 2400 servers (old but worked).  I used blue iris and all worked well, I just didn't like the idea of needing a computer on all the time.

I went with a HikVision and it's great.  Reasonable cost, does recording internally on microSD card, I know mine has separate day and night capture settings and it may even have separate day and night image settings (a lot of people use and recommend these cameras on this forum like drvnbysound, I'm sure he will chime in as he is a lot more knowledgeable).  They have a reasonable (not perfect but works) I-Phone app that I can view the cameras as well as the captures (use it every morning). 

You may just want to bite the bullet and start going with an IP based system rather than pull your hair out with analog cameras.  Of course, money is always an issue.  Let's see what others here say...

There is also a recent thread HERE that you may want to browse as well.

Good luck!

So you use the internal SD slot to store recordings?  Isn't that limited?  I guess not since they can be quite large!

Do you use IVMS to manage everything or anything?

BraveSirRobbin said:
FYI, I had a SPECO camera and, after many, many attempts at settings and adjustment, gave up and returned it.  It seems that you can't have optimal adjustments for day and night (you can get one, but not the other).

My opinion would be to return it and get something like a HikVision IP camera.
Build of that particular Speco compared to the HIK is night and day. Same with performance.

There's all sorts of tiers with both manufacturers but HIK isn't too durable. We gave up using them and typically only put them in as "disposables".

What users need to realize, with the low light and intensifier cameras, is their operation is based off slowing down the shutter on the camera, which in turn, causes smear on the image. Nature of the beast. All the intensifier based cameras require ambient light to truly function. The more you can give, the better the performance. Heck of a lot better than IR based units.

Im confused what "Build of that particular Speco" means?

HIK is disposable for sure - they aren't expensive but they are clear and seem to work decently.  Does Hikvision have a decent warranty?  The Speco's have great warranties and I have had them make good on quite a few!

Thanks,

Neil

Compare the build of a high tier vehicle to a base model of a budget vehicle....say something in a full size sedan to a stripped off-main brand vehicle. Build qualities are different.

BTW this is what speco has told me:

"There is nothing wrong with the camera, the intensifier setting is set to high and  that why you are getting that blurred image. The intensifier setting actual opens open up the iris a little more than normal letting more light in, to much light cause the blur of light (flash Gordon effect) reduce the intensifier setting and you should be ok"

What they are saying is the same and true. Smear is caused by the iris being open longer. The more light you give them, the better they work and reducing the amplification (speed) is a direct item that increases performance on them at the slight cost of absolute darkness performance (Lux)

Right but I looked in the manual and the only setting I think I see is called "Intensity"  I don't know if that is what I am supposed to change and I prefer to not get on the ladder a bunch of times while watching my phone to get to the menu :)

Back