Successfully moved HAI PC Dealer Access to Windows 11 Pro system

genesain

So, I have been in the process of upgrading from my Windows 10 Home system to a new Windows 11 Pro system. I have an old OmniPro II board that does not have BIOS update capability, so I am using just the door sensors and some ALC lights that are programmed. I have been running version 3.17.0.843 (2018, which is not the final free version referenced in the forum) of the PC Dealer Access software. When it has done updates in the past, I have saved the downloaded update files, which provided me the same level of installer, which in theory requires a serial number which I had from original purchase.

So I installed it and got the new hash for encryption requirement. As posted here I did the rename PCA01.CFG to Old several times trying what I thought be my old hash key, but no luck.

My serial number when input shows as invalid - but it seems to actually just ignore that, and it would not take my old password, so I just did the login several times to enable "password" to be the new password, and I was in. ( I have my original version 2.11 CD, but ran into other errors trying to get that to install, and then I would have had to do the update installs anyway .)

Now the issue became the inability to read my CurrentPCA file due to it having a different hash when it was created on the old system.

The solution was right in front of me. I logged into the old system and simply Exported my CurrentPCA file. It creates a file with an exp extension. I copied the file over to my new system, and from my new PC Dealer Access install I simply Imported it and everything worked exactly on my old system. The file is now encrypted with my new hash key from this installation. Bingo !!

Back