Switchlinc PLC Relay

mbahr

Hello Gurus...

I have a number of switchlinc plc relay switches that I am starting to install. These are the pre-insteon models (x10 only).

I'm having a heck of a time getting them to take their address. I push in the little switch, wait for the load to turn on, and send it the address and boosterlinc information from a maxi controller. But, it never takes.

As an example: I'm sending F3 and OFF to set the address to F3, and turn off boosterlinc... But it doesn't work.

Suggestions?

-Mike

Edit: Changed "mini controller" to "maxi controller"

Hmmm, I'm just guessing here, but I think you may need a maxi controller as you need to send the house and unit code separatly. Not sure on this though... Let's see if others can confirm this.

Welcome to CocoonTech by the way!

i don't know anything about the minicontroller - i used my timerlinc to assign the addresses - if the signal is iffy, it helps to plug the controller in near the x10 device

Hmmm, I'm just guessing here, but I think you may need a maxi controller as you need to send the house and unit code separatly. Not sure on this though... Let's see if others can confirm this.

Oops. My fault... I'm using the little MAXI controller. It's just so darn diminuative I think of it as mini.

<g>

Anyway, I set the housecode on the controller to "F" and hit "3" key... Thus sending it F3, and follow that with an "Off" to set boosterlinc to off.

Also, I'm unable to perform a factory reset. I hold down the off portion of the paddle for 4 seconds or until the indicator light starts a slow blink, and then hold down the indicator light / button for over 10 seconds and it NEVER stops blinking or resets the address.

-MIke

Back