System with the Most Partitions

Robertlewisnet

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a HA/Security System with around 12 partitions. I like the Omni Pro II and its functionality but not quite enough partitions to get the job done. The use case is is an office building with 10 offices and a common space. I would like to have each office to be armed separately disarming the common zone and last one out arms it all. Now I want to put motion/occupancy sensors in each office;if they do not notice motion/occupancy for a set time I want it to arm the unarmed partitions and the common partition. This will help battle tenants forgetting to turn it on and leave the place unprotected. Ideally I'd like to have a single keypad and not one at each door. I would also like to arm disarm based off a proximity card for entry. My thought would be to drive a bi-color led to indicate alarm status for each room. 

The only way I can think to accomplish this would be to string 2 systems together but with proxmity cards and doors that seems like it would be a challenge. 

Thoughts? 

You're not going to find a "true" HA panel that does what you're doing.

I'm thinking Bosch and DMP would perform as you wish.

Problem I can see with a single panel and HA technology is most offices are going to have multiphase electrical, so you're going to need to consider that when looking at lighting and T-stat for anything that doesn't work with dry contact or direct to panel communication.

Thanks for the response. The office is a 208 Delta where the AC is the only thing using the 3 phase. This configuration has the 'wild' leg so the rest looks like a typical 220 split on the panel. the good news is the office is moving to an all LED lighting solution so I expect it to work with dry contacts.  

The Bosch looks promising. I'm not sure I'll be able to pick it up due to dealer restrictions and do it myself per se...May need to connect with the local installer; even though I want to customize myself. 

While not a wild fan of either product, I'd probably suggest going with a DMP XR550. Slightly more flexible.

Biggest item is the list of NEEDS, WANTS, and NICE TO HAVE items.....Problem I see off the cuff is the definition of "areas" vs. partitions. I would steer further away from basing arming areas off "inactivity" as you will quickly find yourself with false alarms (should a person, say, not move enough to trigger your occupancy).

In the case of access control, you wouldn't necessarily have interior protection in the office areas, but use the access control to shunt the contacts and determine direction of traffic. Far more robust and less likely to false, otherwise you're going to realistically have to base arming the interior portions on common area logic.

Back