These Bosch Sensors have high WAF!

Well, the Honeywell 216 sensors were no good but the Ademco 998s are super sensitive! Absolutely perfect. Thanks for the tip! Ademco obviously makes the most sensitive PIR based motion sensors. Even better, I picked up 3 on eBay for $40 delivered.

The 998 comes in both varieties; I have the non PI version. The big difference is that the 998 is a wall mount sensor.

Sorry guys for the delay but I've been busy!

As for the question regarding the interfacing the Panasonic PIR modules to the eagle eye yes I used a small signal transistor driven into saturation to invert the output of the module to be compatible with the input of the x10 hawkeye.

The sensor is powered by the hawkeye's 2 AAA batteries so before you order ensure you get the 3V version. 

The sensors are extremly small and easily mounted in the ceiling without noticing them, i run a 3 conductor wire with shielding from the eagle eye to the sensor in the ceiling so i can place the eagle eye where battery replacement is easily accomplished, mind you so far did'nt have to change the batteries yet. 

The unit now triggers at any slight motion even when sitting in my office surfing the web, I get motion detections every second.

I had it up and running for at least a month and a half or more and works great.

I can draw up a schematic and a small description if interested

aksor, I just saw your reply (guess I should have subscribed to this thread), and I would love a schematic and description if you don't mind drawing one up...  

Driving "a small signal transistor ... into saturation to invert the output of the module to be compatible with the input of the hawkeye" is a bit over my head (though Google is my next stop to see if I can translate it into something I can try).

Thanks!

I posted a similar modification that uses the Hawkeye's GP0 input directly a while back. My mod essentially allows any contact closure based IR intruder sensor to use the RF capabilities of a hawkeye to provide wireless X10 input. It's located here. What I've found since then is that not all hawkeye/eagleye PICs are programmed equally. The newer ones incorporate a 15 second "debounce" into the PIC code that inhibits GP0 triggers for the duration of the delay.

First, aksor, thanks for the photos.  Once I saw them, I realized I did not need the resistor I had added based on kwilcox's original mod described in his link above.

Kwilcox, I've not had any debounce issue, but I bought most of my Hawkeyes 3 or 4 years ago when I was playing more with X-10.  

And as you may have seen in my post several months ago in this thread, I have been trying to do something like this ever since I saw your your original Hawkeye mod and your Fortress thread several years ago. So, thanks!

Back