Timer(s) in HAI Omni II ?

jchotz

I'm a new member and delighted to find this group.  I've had a HAI Omni since 1998 and fully replaced/upgraded the system in 2010,  Generally speaking, I'm delighted with what it provides me - feels like I live in MY house.

I have a situation where my front door will fail to close completely sometimes. I'd like to build an automation block that will beep my chime 3 times to alert me that the door has not closed properly. The trick is that I'd like it timer-based so that it didn't alert until the door had been open for 5 minutes - avoids it going off while standing in the door chatting with the neighbors.

Does HAI Omni have an internal timer capability like that?

I tried "sneaking up" on it by setting & decrementing counter flags but I quickly got myself in a mess .

Any ideas from some old pros?

TIA, 

- Jeff 

jchotz said:
I'm a new member and delighted to find this group.  I've had a HAI Omni since 1998 and fully replaced/upgraded the system in 2010,  Generally speaking, I'm delighted with what it provides me - feels like I live in MY house.

I have a situation where my front door will fail to close completely sometimes. I'd like to build an automation block that will beep my chime 3 times to alert me that the door has not closed properly. The trick is that I'd like it timer-based so that it didn't alert until the door had been open for 5 minutes - avoids it going off while standing in the door chatting with the neighbors.

Does HAI Omni have an internal timer capability like that?

I tried "sneaking up" on it by setting & decrementing counter flags but I quickly got myself in a mess .

Any ideas from some old pros?

TIA, 

- Jeff 
Sure. And device, any flag, any variable can be a timer.  You can, for example, turn on a light for 5 minutes, then not worry about it. 

So its easy to set a "door timer" to 5 minutes when your door opens.  Don't forget to stop the timer if the door is closed. And if the timer expires, then chime.

I do this with my Garage doors.  We have a breezeway to enter the house so when the garage doors are open and that breezeway door is opened I set a flag thats on for 2 minutes.  Then I have another block that says when that flag turns off and the garage door is still unsecure (open) beep consoles.  I would say this alert occurs minimum 2 times a day :)

Back