Touch Screen Monitors

Yea I saw that but there are others that do 1024X768. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried one of these style of monitors on a home automation PC. I have 2 of those small PC's in a box just waiting for a monitor and getting TV to boot seems like a good deal.

That does look like an interesting screen, would probably make a nice replacement for an Audrey!

electron said:
That does look like an interesting screen, would probably make a nice replacement for an Audrey!
Dan that's exactly what I'm wanting to do. The Audrys are just too slow and my wife would like a smaller TV in the kitchen.

Rupp, on a small screen, 1024 res isn't a bit deal. You will likely have to redo your scenes for the small form factor anyway. Might just be a style sheet mod for HS, but also might be a redo of you html / asp pages as well.

I would rather use a TV PCI card instead of a built in TV tuner in the monitor. Another cable to run to the monitor, and the internal TV tuner won't be as good quality reception as a PC based one. wiring is easier and more flexible too.

But, using these small displays work just fine for HA. Better is a UTMA 12 inch or so if you have the room. Then, you don't have to redo all of your scenes.

Back