Trouble using Ekeypad with M1

Hi,

I am trying to use ekeypad to control an M1 pannel from my Ipad version 1.

a ) The thing is that I have my ipad mounted in the wall in a horizontal position and the darn ekeypad only works in a vertical position. Am I doing something wrong? Is there anywhere where I can setup ekeypad to work horizontally? I mean, it is fine for me, but I cannot force my wife or my kids to look in a 90 degrees angle in order to arm the system :)

b ) The program does not seem to be very responsive, meaning that I am trying to violate zones, and the screen does not update, or updates after a very long time, making it practically unusable. Is there something I am doing wrong, or can I do something to make it work better? This is particularlly annoying when trying to arm the system: i.e. with the existing lag, when a zone is violated and it is not forced armable, I have to wait minutes until the system is all green in order to arm the M1.

I am using the free version, was thinking to upgrade to the paid version, but if it works like this, I do not want to throw money away ... Is anybody using this thing with a certain degree of success?

Thanks,

George

George,

I am sorry you are having issue with eKeypad. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

a ) eKeypad is designed to be operated in a hand-held, portrait position. The horizontal layout in eKeypad is currently reserved for the blueprint module which provides a fully graphical interface for eKeypad. I have attached a screen shot of a production copy of eKeypad using the blueprint module. The blueprint module is enabled on the modules screen an managed using the same method as favorites. You can add any type of Elk item, IP camera/DVR or Bitwise IR emitter to a blueprint screen. You can even intermix items from multiple devices onto a single blueprint screen. eKeypad will ensure the commands are send to the correct device.

b ) The delayed status updates in eKeypad are due to a setting in your M1 panel. From ELk-RP open the globals section and choose the "G29-42 (Special)" tab. On this screen you will see 6 check boxes surrounded by a box labeled, "Serial Port 0 Transmit Options". Verify that all six of these boxes are checked. Be sure and upload the changes to your M1. When properly setup the delay between actions on the M1 and the updates in the eKeypad screens is well less than 1 second...practically instantaneously.

Attachments

• eK Blueprint - Screenshot 1.jpg
    eK Blueprint - Screenshot 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 29
Nobody using this thing? Perhaps there is another way (a better way) to access Elk M1 from your Ipad?

Don't get discouraged with eKeypad. There is usually an easy explanation for any problems you will face, and Jayson will provide you with great support. I use eKeypad both from my iPhone and iPad and they work great.

Back