[Tutorials] How to remote start your car with your home automation system

electron

Administrator
Staff member
This is a small and quick project, but I figured I would post the instructions since this might be useful to someone else. I decided that I wanted my Home Automation system to start my car when I wake up in the morning.

Am I really that lazy? No, since the house already knows when I wake up by analyzing motion sensor activity in the morning, it can start the car for me, so it's all nice and warm when I am ready to go to work. You could also schedule the remote start every day (except for weekends and holidays, this can be scripted) in case you don't have motion sensors. Another option is using voice recognition to start your car or unlock (useful if you forgot your keys upstairs, just make sure to disable the mic at night). Of course, there is also the 'cool' factor.

There are only a few important parts we need in order to do this. We will be using a push type solenoid that will be activated when power is applied, and deactivate when power is cut. We will control this solenoid by using an appliance module. Of course, we also need a power supply, 24VDC around 500mA if you are using the solenoid I mentioned in this article.

Click here to view the article

Back