TV Distribution

DotNetDog

Here's the challenge that I am trying to solve... I'm trying to figure out how to distribute TV to multiple TVs in a house where I use ComCast. We watch live TV, recorded content and video on demand.

So here's my idea... What if I use 2 Windows Media Center PCs. Each would have 1 or 2 Hauppuage WinTV-HVR-255 cards. These are dual tuner cards.

I would run the ComCast signal into multiple ComCast set top boxes. Each STB would then feed into a Hauppuage WinTV-HVR-255 card. Since the Hauppuage WinTV-HVR-255 card includes dual IR blaster pass-throughs, I should be able to control the Comcast STBs.

Now, I still have to figure out how the IR blaster works. I need to be sure that tuner1 will always use IR blaster 1.

My goal is to deliver live TV, recorded content and VOD to as many as 6 TV locations. Has anyone tried something like this? Do you think it will work?

Here's the challenge that I am trying to solve... I'm trying to figure out how to distribute TV to multiple TVs in a house where I use ComCast. We watch live TV, recorded content and video on demand.

So here's my idea... What if I use 2 Windows Media Center PCs. Each would have 1 or 2 Hauppuage WinTV-HVR-255 cards. These are dual tuner cards.

I would run the ComCast signal into multiple ComCast set top boxes. Each STB would then feed into a Hauppuage WinTV-HVR-255 card. Since the Hauppuage WinTV-HVR-255 card includes dual IR blaster pass-throughs, I should be able to control the Comcast STBs.

Now, I still have to figure out how the IR blaster works. I need to be sure that tuner1 will always use IR blaster 1.

My goal is to deliver live TV, recorded content and VOD to as many as 6 TV locations. Has anyone tried something like this? Do you think it will work?

Two words
Avcast AVAtrix.
It is sold state will never break no hard drives to crash etc. i have tried several solutions this is the easyest and best. These are they guys that make the video dosturbution for all the big stores.

Back