two line phone adapter

hgupta1

I finally got a land line due to unreliable phone calls on vonage, but I kept my vonage account because of the simulring feature and because all my business cards have that number on it.

I do miss the free national calling, and would like to use the vonage box for outgoing national calls.

Is there some sort of phone switch that will let me use my current home phones with both phone lines?

I really like my cordless home phones and don't want to switch to a two line phone if possible.

I was sort of in the same situation. I did have a land line but I wanted to move to voip and I went with a SunRocket plan. I had alot of trouble with them (noise on the line, dropouts, etc) so I bit the bullet and bought a new 2 line cordless phones system (Uniden TRU9466). I put my main land line into line 1 and the SunRocket line into line 2. I wanted to use Sunrocket for Long Distance and Voicemail only. So, no I receive and make local calls on line 1 and to make a long distance call, I just make it on line 2. For voicemail, I forward no answer my line 1 to line 2 which is configured to answer in 1 ring. It's been working perfectly for me and the wife is very happy.

I know its not exactly what you were looking for, but its an option...

I was sort of in the same situation. I did have a land line but I wanted to move to voip and I went with a SunRocket plan. I had alot of trouble with them (noise on the line, dropouts, etc) so I bit the bullet and bought a new 2 line cordless phones system (Uniden TRU9466). I put my main land line into line 1 and the SunRocket line into line 2. I wanted to use Sunrocket for Long Distance and Voicemail only. So, no I receive and make local calls on line 1 and to make a long distance call, I just make it on line 2. For voicemail, I forward no answer my line 1 to line 2 which is configured to answer in 1 ring. It's been working perfectly for me and the wife is very happy.

I know its not exactly what you were looking for, but its an option...

I've scoured the web, and haven't found any adapter like I want. Your route seems to be the best option.
And using that second line for voicemail is a great idea.

Back